Author Topic: My Hotbed this morning  (Read 1485 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
My Hotbed this morning
« on: March 03, 2024, 15:29:47 »
Not as far on as Barriedale Nick, but was quite happy with what I saw.(See Images)

I carried on after I took these pictures and pricked out about 50 plants into 3" pots.

Feel happier now that I am beginning to feel that another season has begun, despite the weather. :sunny:

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: My Hotbed this morning
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 10:53:41 »
I decided to go for it with my March sowings yesterday, so the heated propagator is now full again and the early sowings of leeks, onions and hardy annual flowers are on the heated mats in an unheated greenhouse.
The onion sets and sweet peas have been outside for several weeks now so will be ready for transplanting when the ground isn’t soaked or frozen!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: My Hotbed this morning
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 19:08:45 »
Looking very good Tee Gee, as usual.

It's been warm and wet then cold and wet then warm and always wet again for months here now so I haven't sown a thing yet as it's also quite dark with all the grey clouds.  No point sowing seeds if the seedlings are going to be weak and spindly from lack of light and warmth.

I have sewing to do for this next wet week, after which time I sincerely hope it will be better weather for gardening - things to sow, things to prune, some organising and cleaning to do in the polytunnel so I'm ready to plant out the chilllies and toms in April and, if all goes to plan, have beds cleared ad mulched outside for planting baby brassicas and beets.
Obxx - Vendée France

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal