Author Topic: Weather forecast!  (Read 1870 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Weather forecast!
« on: April 30, 2018, 10:42:25 »
Yesterday the BBC forecast for my area was rain all day, some of it heavy. Now there is no rain forecast at all and the sun is shining! Not that i'm complaining about the sun, but how do they get it so wrong?!

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: Weather forecast!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 11:20:55 »
its stair rods here on the sunshine coast and 5 degrees
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 13:59:26 »
Caroline,
Its missed you and got Johnny instead!! Sunshine coast indeed!
See:
https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 14:30:33 »
Gale force winds here but thankfully dry at the moment.

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 16:57:21 »
its stair rods here on the sunshine coast and 5 degrees

Same here, the heating is back on, we've had 45mm rain so far, and the footpath past the front door is flooded  :sad5:

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 17:34:49 »
I'm enjoying a beautiful sunny evening here, just a slight breeze!

cudsey

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 17:56:28 »
There was no rain forecast for today here in South Yorks but it has been very windy and quite cold but maybe some rain later in the week
Barnsley S Yorks

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 15:29:12 »
Well woken up to blue sky here and a strong breeze thats gone now and i popped out to the garden 3 hrs ago and just come back in hot and sweaty. Unpacled all the plants from the greenhouse as they have been hiding since last week and given everything a water as its not rained since sunday. Have moved all the potatoes into a better spot for more sun and moved some compost into the greenhouse to pot on some tomatoes. When i watered my raised beds its nice to see the carrots are still there and the onions have all taken well. More runner beans started no sign of peas yet. Happy Happy Happy

cudsey

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 17:54:24 »
Been a beautiful day here today quite breezy but not cold spent all morning on allotment so got quite a few jobs done going to get the runner bean bed ready tomorrow as the seeds are coming through in the greenhouse so they will be ready for planting out later in the month along with the sweetcorn,   all potatoes and onions are in and also some salads and beetroot feeling quite   pleased considering the late start this year
Barnsley S Yorks

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 18:03:49 »
So - with lighter winds and night temperatures of 9/10C from Thursday for the next 10 days or so I'm determined that I'll, at least, get my French beans planted out this week!  I have 24 celeriac plants which will be next, followed by 20 sweet corn -  and by mid-May various squashes and courgettes. Tomatoes will be the last to go in the ground, by then my mini greenhouse will have space to have aubergines, peppers, chilies and tomatoes in their final pots and that will be me done with planting  :icon_cheers:.

With just four small raised beds in my garden I only grow veggies I really like - the more mundane and cheaper veg I buy at a local greengrocers where I can buy two carrots, leeks, potatoes or parsnips as and when I need them.

Tricia   :wave:

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 18:54:19 »
The forecast for my area has been spot on for weeks.  I use the bbc generally but esp the countryfile weekly forecast.
I ride a bike to work everyday so I like to know in advance quite how horrible it will be and I am rarely caught out. I think it is natural to spot the days when the forecast is wrong and forget all the days it is right on.
The BBC has rain forecast for you area from now - light rain and breezy and rain tomorrow!

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 19:28:32 »
its been a fantastic day here on the sunshine coast what  a difference a day makes it was even dry enough to cut the grass sowed my runner beans today in pots away in durham from friday so when im back monday ill start planting out
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 20:13:13 »
in durham from friday

Why aye mon henie yer ganin tae proper Leek country now, suggest you seek a supplier oot!

Once ye git yer mits on them ye weel bae the pride o' tha sunshine coast!

Hae a grand time!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal