Produce > Edible Plants

taking shape

(1/14) > >>

johhnyco15:
after
the long cold winter my plots are taking shape
how have your plots faired after the winter?

BarriedaleNick:
We are getting there.  Slow start though but we have made some good progress on my OH's plot which was a bit of a mess.  However now we have got down to the rough end it is riddled with bind weed and couch grass so we have slowed down a bit.
Mine's all clear and ready to go but already lost a row of peas to the slugs - we will see if the parsnips are up this weekend but overwintered onions\garlic looking good.  This weekend looks a bit rubbish for the weather so planting out will wait for a while and there is plenty of potting on to be done.

johhnyco15:
indeed the weather is awful just returned from the plots  very wet cold and not very nice at all  however my fruit trees seem to like it all in bloom just the odd bumble bee to do the deed

johhnyco15:
its another cold gloomy day here on the sunshine coast however im off to the plot bright and early this morning to cut the grass and cut the edges and maybe prepare my sweetcorn bed

Digeroo:
I have two half plots one is doing well.  Soft fruit looking good with loads of flowers but not many bees.  Watch a single bumbly bee yesterday.  Most seem to prefer the dead nettles.  I did not managed to prune the autumn raspberries but they now all have flowers on.  Particularly pleased with one patch, once cut down to the ground it does not do well because it is a rather dry spot.  Good amount of new growth, so I am going to give it some manure. 
Potatoes in a bit late. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version