General > News

Goodbye lovely allotment, maybe

(1/4) > >>

Borlotti:
Just got the allotment bill.  £124.30 which includes being old, and living in lovely Enfield.  Since I have taken the steroids I can walk, but not sure that I can dig, and the weather has been awful.  It is a big decision to give it up, I will do a 'Gone with wind' decision and think about it in the morning.  The cat is OK, the house is better, and OH still wants to move, but maybe I could keep it for another year.  Got some good rhubard the other day, but still have some in the freezer from last year, so gave it to next door neighbour.  Also got some strawberries from Morrisons for 10p, not English obviously but OK.  Big decisions to make tomorrow.  Doctor on Wednesday, so wish me luck.

Plot 18:
Good luck with the decision and with the doctor.

Pescador:
Take your time, once it's gone it's gone.
And good luck with the Doc.

lezelle:
Hi Ya, Sorry to hear you are thinking of giving up. I know I would be upset to. Have you considered no dig system? It could be the way forward for you. A lot less active I would think. Any way I wish you all the best for Wednesday. I'm with you as I have to have my eyes checked again at the end of the month and I know they want to operate again. Chin up my friend

Obelixx:
Don't give up the allotment.  Give up digging!

Lots of info on the web about No Dig.  If your problems are arthritic in nature I suggest you also research turmeric/curcuma supplements.  They've helped me no end and many others besides but there are some conditions for which they wouldn't be good so check all the info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version