Author Topic: BIRD NEST IN SHED  (Read 4571 times)

ACE

• Hectare
BIRD NEST IN SHED
« on: April 04, 2018, 15:36:43 »
I have had to move some of my most used tools from the shed a there is a birds nest in an old hemp bag that is hung inside, Blue tit I expect as the only access is through a knot hole in the door so it will have to be a small bird. I am away next week for a fortnight  anyway so there will not be much done until I get back. I shall be planting up in earnest then.

gwynleg

• Hectare
Re: BIRD NEST IN SHED
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 21:48:35 »
I had that a few years back althugh it was a robin nesting in a plastic carrier bag that was hanging on a hook! Absolutely wonderful but a tad inconvenient!

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 11:55:41 »
Hi Ya, My mate once had a bird nesting in his shed, a wren, it used to give him some grief when he opened the door but never bothered about him and still kept going in and out. You are very privileged as some birds are in decline. Please look after it and I am sure you will

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 18:24:02 »
Last year I had a robin nest in my shed. It sometimes flew off when I entered, but successfully reared four lovely chicks!
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

brownthumb2

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 19:07:06 »
 I had a robin nesting in the green house under the strawberries last year She was very tame But she disappeared over the winter    they used to bring the babies to the bird table   and feed them  I think one is still around and gives us stick if there`s no meal worms on the table

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 21:37:19 »
I had a blackbird nesting in a greenhouse at the allotment last year. The nest was beautifully made. When the mum popped out i popped in and found the nest and a lovely baby blackbird.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 07:26:38 »
Saw it yesterday it is a robin. I have jammed the door shut twisted, with a block of wood at the top to keep a big gap open. I don't know how the robinettes will get out when they are ready but the gap should help.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 11:24:38 »
We have sparrows in what I now know was a donkey shed in a fenced off part of the garden we are now making into the veggie plot.  OH keeps his big strimmer in there so he'll have to move it PDQ and keep the door propped open.    We have house-martins and swallows in the ruin so have quickly moved stuff out of there so they can have peace to build nests and raise chicks. 

I'm looking forward to seeing babies about.   Just hope the parents are finding enough insects as it's been very cool and damp and I haven't seen many about.  Lots of wildflowers in the wilder parts of the "garden" and masses of daisies and so on in the grass plus a newly cleared pond so I hope that helps attract insects.   I have now sacrificed our last 2 Savoy cabbages after finding Jersey tiger moth caterpillars turning them into lace.
Obxx - Vendée France

Redalder

• Half Acre
  • East Cornwall, mostly clay and stones.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 09:35:19 »
We have a Robin nesting in the tool shed - on top of the pegs to keep the veg cage netting fixed. Cleared as many tools out as we could and bought new pegs but in fact she doesn't seem too bothered by us fetching stuff, just a quick look with a beady eye over the top.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 18:12:31 »
6 Robinettes  flown the nest after leaving their calling cards all over my tools. But the des res shed now has another nest this time a wren who gets very vocal if I try and get anything out of the shed. Not a worried cheeping, more like a sling yer hook  tweet.

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 09:43:58 »
Hi Ya, Brilliant ACE, I am very envious. You say about the wren well as I posted earlier my mate had one nest in his shed and when he showed me she gave him what for. As you say not a scared call more a how dare you scream, make sme smile thinking about it now still. Has she made a ball nest al woven and small entrance hole? if possible with out you getting to much grief a piccy of the nest would be nice but don't go upsetting her to much.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal