Author Topic: Moved house, new start  (Read 1808 times)

Pescador

• Hectare
Moved house, new start
« on: March 26, 2018, 14:04:08 »
Well the house move from East Midlands to South Wales happened very quickly and remarkably smoothly!
The removal company said they would move us out on the Friday and into the new house on the Saturday, however the 2 men had other ideas. Out and in on Friday! That was fine by me as I was going to spend Friday night in new house and let them in early Sat morning.
So, OH came down on Saturday and I'd already made a pretty good start of unpacking and organising bedrooms and kitchen.
Now (Monday p.m.) we're only half surrounded by boxes, and have been able to find most of life's essential items that seem to have been packed in random unlabelled boxes, (Oh I'll remember were I put that!!)
Most importantly, I paid a quick visit to the new allotment, and met a fellow plotter who confirmed the 2 sheds (6mX6m each) were mine and a phone box sized one, and also all the rubbish in them!
But at least I've got somewhere to store my tools, barrow etc.
We've had 2 consecutive dry days, which is close to a record for S Wales, but I've had to prioritise getting the house sorted.
Now it's reasonably OK I can maybe get down the plot and plant the rhubarb, otherwise I'll be tempted to harvest them!
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Moved house, new start
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 14:18:10 »
Glad to hear your move went well. Getting frustrated here with the slow progress of ours. A beautiful day and no allotment, and not much incentive to do much in the garden now we've got a buyer. We'll get there n the end!

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 14:31:57 »
It certainly is very frustrating, then it all happens at once. I was able to put up a little polythene grow-house in the garden and sowed a few cabbage, caulis, summer broc and lettuce yesterday. First "growing" I've done all year!
Every pickle helps!

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 17:10:24 »
Lucky you. We cannot even sell the house.
Gardening is the great leveller.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 21:39:17 »
brilliant so happy for you xxx

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 11:25:45 »
Happy new home and allotment Pescador.  I hope it all goes swimmingly.

Palustris - sorry your sale isn't going well but with any luck things will pick up now spring is here.
Obxx - Vendée France

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 18:45:55 »
Managed to escape from the house unpacking for a couple of hours and tidied one of the sheds enough to take some tools down there. Also took the rhubarb and gooseberries I've brought from old plot.
Pull out all the runner bean canes, all 40 of them, he must have been feeding the whole of S. Wales!
The soil is much heavier than my lovely light loam with 8 years of added manure, but I've got to start somewhere!
Every pickle helps!

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 12:44:36 »
Starting to make a bit of progress now. 40 Strawberry "Just add cream" planted in the old brassica bed, with the transplanted rhubarb and gooseberries behind.
I'll be back down there on Wed-Sat while the weather holds to try to get the rest into shape.
Every pickle helps!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal