Author Topic: Asda multipurpose compost  (Read 5118 times)

Simon05

• Half Acre
Asda multipurpose compost
« on: March 24, 2018, 14:49:04 »
anyone tried asdas multipurpose compost this year, they are doing 3 70litre bags for £10 is it worth the money

MervF

• Half Acre
  • Poole, Dorset
Re: Asda multipurpose compost
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 19:04:29 »
I haven't bought any this year as I already had some from a couple of years ago and didn't use much last year as I moved allotment sites.   It is very good for all uses - I have grown seeds in it, rooted cuttings, potted plants on and have never had any problems.   At our local Asda, they seem to sell a lot of it and when I worked there, I cannot recall anyone complaining about it.

Simon05

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 19:11:55 »
thanks for the reply, I have used a few years ago but didnt know if they changed the mix. looks like a trip to asda tomorrow

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 20:04:50 »
All composts depend on the user, some years ago I saw a lady trying to load some large bags of compost into her car, I knew this lady and helped with the load. She told me her husband  always used this particular compost so I bought some, it  was to me absolutely useless but the way her husband treated it, it was ok. I do have some experience having been a pro gardener over 60 years.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 20:06:40 by laurieuk »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal