Author Topic: My poor shoulder  (Read 3704 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
My poor shoulder
« on: February 17, 2018, 12:09:07 »
Had the results of my scan on my shoulder, which is still very painful but my legs have given up now.  Don't know why.  Anyway the good news is that my fasting blood test was OK, but I have damaged my shoulder probably throwing heavy bags into the Council bins, that people leave on the pavement to the right of my house, won't be doing that again.  Very nice doctor, am waiting for physiotherapy appointment and can have a steroid injection.  Think I should have gone for that, but dc said it doesn't always work but they can scan the exact point on the shoulder so that is an option.  Will have to go up to the allotment to collect my tools, but no way can I bend down or do much at the present, so goodbye lovely allotment.  The sun is shining so will go for a slow walk to get my legs working.  Not a very happy bunny at present.  Another blood test next week and blood pressure test.  Finding the stairs difficult so moving to a bungalow will be a good option.  The plastering is finished and the dogs have gone home, so Dulcie and me are OK staying in bed and doing crosswords.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: My poor shoulder
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 12:43:54 »
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time- hop the physio helps and you're soon moving about more easily. Take it easy and try not to get too frustrated!

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 14:05:57 »
Heart felt sympathies, try and keep those les working. Wishing you a speedy recovery
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 16:02:02 »
Poor you..... I hope they can sort you out soon. Would your husband keep on top of your allotment until you are better?

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 17:53:57 »
Think about having the steroid injection.  I've had 2 now in my shoulders and found them very helpful in getting rid of the pain. Hope you soon feel better.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 08:48:11 »
Sorry to hear you are poorly so get well soon. 

My husband had steroid injections in his shoulder and they eventually got rid of the pain.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 12:26:22 »
OH still wants to sell the house once he has finished sorted out the problem with the damp course.  What a job that was.  He is putting the skirting boards back and still has to decorate when the plaster is dry.  Had already decided to give up the allotment this year before the trouble with my shoulder and legs.  Have got to go to the see the nurse for another blood test (non fasting one) on 27th so if no better by then will ask if I can have the steroid injection.  If we get a bungalow with a decent garden that will be enough for me.  The seed packets are out in Morrisons, but for once I wasn't tempted to buy.  Can't believe I have had the allotment for 15 years but time to move on.  Thanks for your good wishes.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 21:26:12 »
I had a frozen shoulder could not move it at all,  dressing was extremely difficult.  Had a steroid injection and then a couple of weeks later started with the physiotherapy. I had to arrange the injection to fit in with the physio.   Took a few weeks but it got sorted.  I got pains everywhere in the end, legs, arms back body just went into pain mode.  They all went once the shoulder was sorted.

I did not give up on allotment, just did what I could and put down some black plastic to cover parts.  Luckily we do not have tidy police.
Finally getting the plot under control again.  Thank goodness for tromba d'Albenga squash they covered a multitude of sins.

I do hope you get yourself sorted. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 21:33:31 by Digeroo »

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 11:10:22 »
There comes a point when you have to listen to your body sending much love and hugsxx

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 12:48:58 »
That is very interesting Digeroo.  It is my legs that are a worry, but if you say it is all connected to the shoulder hopefully once I get that sorted I will be OK.  Never had any trouble with my legs before the shoulder.  It is a pain getting dressed and even putting a coat on.  Well will see the nurse next week.  Think we need some sunshine.  :sunny: :sunny:

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 18:26:50 »
.  Think we need some sunshine.  :sunny: :sunny:

That helps us cope with most things, I find - hope you feel better soon.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 16:17:10 »
Hope you get better soon, meanwhile cuddle a cat xx

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 19:11:52 »
Oh ! Poor Borlotti !  You take it easy and take your time healing . xxx Debbie  :angel11:
Trespassers will be composted !

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 14:51:46 »
I stay in bed most of the day. E verything hurts. More blood tests to come. Dr thinks it could be polymyalgia. Oh doing allthe work. Dulce keeping me company on my legs which hurts but he is warm. Got some stronger tablets so going to have a sleep. Feel abit down. No morrisons for 3 days, must be ill.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 15:56:28 »
Oh dear.  Hope you get better soon. 

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 17:39:17 »
Get well soon, Borlotti - I feel for you - chin up, Spring is on its way :icon_cheers:.

Tricia :wave:

pumkinlover

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2018, 20:36:34 »
Sorry to hear how bad you are feeling at the moment.
Hope that life picks up for you soon x

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 16:43:21 »
I obviously cannot say if it will be the same for you.  My GP is very keen that once you have a steroid injection that you start exercises..  I have to say for me it has been right.   

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 18:11:28 »
Wishing you all the very best for a speedy recovery.
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 21:24:21 »
Feeling a lot better today.  Maybe the tablets are working.  Even looked at my sweet pea seeds and thought about planting some, but it was too much effort.   Have been up all day and cooked dinner, but OH is having a well deserved break after me swearing at him this morning and has gone to the pub, so it is just me and the cat.  Daughter got me a good mothers day present, a pole for picking up stuff off the floor but today I have been able to bend.  Looking forward to going to bed tonight.  Cat is very good at sitting with me, but a bit fed up with me throwing his food bowl at him. Have entered so many puzzles so maybe will win a prize soon.  Thanks for your kind thoughts.  The weather here is much warmer today, so think that helps.  Next blood test on the 13th but hopefully I will be better by then.  Maybe I just needed the bed rest, quite comfy with hot water bottle, cat of course, and loads of library books, mags etc. and OH doing all the work.  :sunny: :sunny:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal