Produce > Under Glass

new to me

(1/3) > >>

johhnyco15:
construction started today of a 12ftx12ft new to me greenhouse got the base down and level today so next week should have a try at the rest weather permitting

Tee Gee:
I have never seen a square greenhouse before usually they are rectangular.

How do you plan to lay out the beds?

If you have say; the traditional 2ft wide path up the middle then by my calculations your beds will be 5ft wide, which to me seems to be rather wide.

My thoughts are to grow tall subjects near the glass and low growing plants in front of these, or have two paths then have a bed up the middle of the greenhouse and two adjacent to the glass!

What are your thoughts?

johhnyco15:
indeed its a strange configuration i was thinking on the  three path next year as at the moment I've placed the greenhouse over last years pumpkin bed theres  4 tonne of manure used last season so the beds are a little heaped up in the background of the pic you can see the remnant's of last years poly tunnel ive reused some of it to make my peach trees cover the rest i will use to make paths on some plots im splitting into 3rds  anyway going to try melons in the new greenhouse and some more sweetpeppers  as we eat vast amounts of these te greenhouse has 4 roof openers and 4 louver vents and nice wide double doors should all be completed by the end of feb the carrots are finding it a little drafty after i dismantled the tunnel so will be using them quick as i can

ancellsfarmer:
Could be you need the Cross of Lorraine?

johhnyco15:
sides and centre beam in just doors and roof to go if weather ok should complete the frame tomorrow and glazed by the end of the month

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version