Author Topic: New weather today  (Read 7750 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: New weather today
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 13:25:15 »
Nice in the sun today, felt the heat. But very cold in the shade.

DrJohnH

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 13:47:21 »
Just up the valley from our place in the UK:

http://www.kinderweather.co.uk/

:sunny: but cold today. 

Very pleasant in the Middle East at the moment though...  :glasses9:

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 15:41:33 »
snow  today here on the sunshine coast sun is shining now  but very cold
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

cudsey

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 17:52:16 »
Been a beautiful day today chilly but pleasant in the sun  in South Yorks
Barnsley S Yorks

MervF

• Half Acre
  • Poole, Dorset
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 18:24:19 »
Been bright sunshine here in Poole for most of the day - tomorrow is supposed to be 8 so will go over the lottie in the morning.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2018, 09:36:14 »
Windows wide open, crisp and fresh. Warm enough in the greenhouse to see seedlings sprouting. Birds are singing, but Valentine's day is the day birds pair according to folk law.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 13:59:27 »
Must be cold, the postman was wearing long trousers.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2018, 16:00:03 »
The snow has arrived here about an hour ago. Not real panic buying but I got two boxes of beer just in case.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2018, 16:07:15 »
We had snow here in January; first for about 10 years apparently.  We were told to expect more last night, falling on roads frozen down to -14C with wind chill from the Beast so did our shop yesterday.  No gritting or salting for miles round here, just narrow country lanes and deep ditches either side so we planned to stay home today.

All of one inch of snow fell but, despite a treacherous icy start walking between the back door and bird feeders, all is now well and warming up to nearly double figures.  Just need Emma to go past and then we can get some gardening done and maybe, just maybe, the Red Baron onion sets will start doing something at last.
Obxx - Vendée France

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2018, 16:40:00 »
No more snow today, but the coldest day so far, with the wind-chill really making it feel raw. C/heating (plus small coal stove in lounge) is struggling to make this old house feel warm, although it is much warmer than outside thank goodness. 'Feels like' temp locally is -8C, indoors it's 17C now, and I've got 3 layers on!
It always seems strange that outside in sunshine 17C is very pleasant indeed but 17C indoors in winter - just isn't warm enough  :crybaby2:

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2018, 18:45:19 »
snow fell all day today again just stopped its -4 at the moment warmest today was -2 when we went shopping today indoors is very toasty  however running low on logs should have enough until saturday heating is on 2 open fires  all going strong god knows how much the gas bill will be this winter
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018, 08:06:43 »
About an inch of snow this morning still laying on the ground. But it rained for a while in the night which froze instantly. The dogs could not stand up on it so I am stuck in the house. I don't even think my 4x4 will handle driving on solid ice even if I could deglaze it.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 12:11:18 »
We have about 6 inches of snow here on the edge of Salisbury Plain.  It started yesterday afternoon and continued until the early hours.  It is not snowing now but is very cold out there. The cats found it fascinating and jumped up and down in it but they didn't stay out for long.  I expect they are asleep on one of the beds now.  Lucky them!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2018, 14:13:57 »
The poor mans manure is sinking into the ground, mucky slush everywhere. Now to get on with spring.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2018, 16:06:51 »
Oh for heaven's sake!  Girl thingies are the girl thingy cats!

Anyway, after the brass monkey weather brought by the Beast from the east, storm Emma is motoring thru now from the south west - warm at about 10C out of the wind but that wind is very strong and very wet and has thunder to boot.   Downpours so heavy you can't see in front of you to drive so we're tucked up at home now with a good supply of firewood and not going anywhere.
Obxx - Vendée France

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal