Author Topic: New rotovator  (Read 1782 times)

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
New rotovator
« on: January 18, 2018, 07:54:20 »
Hi

I am looking for a new rotovator.  Have around 600 to spend.  Wondering what type to go for. I have seen one of these wheeled models https://www.titan-pro.co.uk/details.aspx?p=277&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5-eVnILh2AIVbTPTCh0BrgJaEAQYAiABEgJYDfD_BwE

Does anyone have any knowledge of those machines.  Wonder if I am better looking at a rear driven one or one without wheels

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
Re: New rotovator
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 07:56:13 »
If anyone  recommend a model for around the same kind of price it would be much appreciated

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:28:07 »
Personally, £600 would buy me more greenwaste compost than i would use in 10 seasons, induce no weeds and can be spread without the backache that a rotavator involves. No starting issues, no storage needed , no worms blitzed: but each to their own.
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

George the Pigman

• Hectare
  • Birmingham, neutral clay soil
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 20:42:31 »
I paid about £350 for a Handy Tiller which has a 3.5HP Briggs-Stratton engine . Its powerful enough but now I'm getting on I am finding it difficult to manoeuvre around and am intending to sell it (anyone in the Birmingham /North Worcestershire area interested!!). There's a man on our allotment who has an industrial scale rotavator and for a reasonable price will do the whole plot. He does a cracking job too so it now just makes sense to ask him to do my plot! I have an old Mantis 4 stroke tiller that does little bits eg seed beds and I can carry that with one hand!

The main thing is to get one that is powerful enough to dig fairly deep but one that you can physically handle. Some of the more powerful ones can be like taking a big fit enthusiastic dog for a walk. It walks you rather than you walking it!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 20:59:49 by George the Pigman »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal