Author Topic: Not really a bargain  (Read 1533 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Not really a bargain
« on: January 14, 2018, 10:44:14 »
But you know how it is, pop into aldi for a packet of fat reduced meatballs and you also come out with gardening boots and cable ties. Now the boots were only £15 so how can you just walk by. The cable ties were £4 but like gaffer tape you will need some at one time or another and you won't have them to hand so in the basket they go. These are the best cable ties I have seen for a long time, some reusable and some made of Velcro. Just the thing when you need to hold something up, like bean canes etc then when everything is in place and fixed, undo them and use them again (if you can remember where you put them). But if you think you have trouble in lidls  Watch this clip.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lidl+aldi+youtube&qpvt=lidl+aldi+youtube&view=detail&mid=6F8DE0B336A29361E1EE6F8DE0B336A29361E1EE&FORM=VRDGAR

DrJohnH

• Half Acre
Re: Not really a bargain
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 12:13:28 »
Sent the link to my Mum- it's somewhat biographical  :sunny:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 14:28:25 »
Oh yes certainly bought all sorts of useful things from aldi I cannot find.

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 09:35:53 »
Brilliant! Thanks.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 11:37:28 »
The song is a hoot! :drunken_smilie:

My electric propagator is from Aldi and has done great service for over a decade.  Not bad for 19 squids.  It isn't temperature controllable but the right temperature for indoors and a good size (two standard seed trays).  Hubby loves the velcro ties. 

My goodness, you do have to watch what you buy in that attractive middle aisle.  We tend to come back and buy whatever it was only on the second visit.  And sometimes it is gone and we go to the other shop across town to see whether they still have it.   :sunny:

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 12:30:21 »
I always pick up cable ties in the street - the ones the council drops there are much better quality than the ones in the pound shop.

Does anyone else have trouble stopping them springing out of your pocket? To my shame I've suffered this for 40 years before I realised that if you give the tail a half turn before putting it in the head (like a Mobius strip) it doesn't lock and doesn't try to escape.

Cheers.

(the rubber bands that posties drop are top quality too)
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal