Author Topic: Murder at the allotment  (Read 1633 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Murder at the allotment
« on: January 09, 2018, 23:13:17 »
Just read the paper tonight in Morrisons, didn't buy it as too mean, but apparently a lady did get murdered on the allotments (not in Enfield).  Apparently I have muscle weakness, so will not be keeping the lovely allotment next year, a small garden will be OK. Old age is not too good. :BangHead: :BangHead:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Murder at the allotment
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:29:31 »
Worrying.  Tend to carry mobile phone.  Was not best pleased when Vodafone cut our signal for months. 

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 10:01:26 »
That's an old story now but I'm pleased they've caught the culprit.

As for muscle weakness, it's a pity to have to give up the allotment but you do need to keep active somehow or they'll just get weaker.  Use them or lose them.
  Has anyone suggested supplements or exercise routines?
Obxx - Vendée France

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 11:59:45 »
Had already decided to give it up as we still hope to move.  Doctor was very good yesterday and are waiting for some kind of scan on my shoulder/neck.  He was a bit worried about me in the bath as I have to turn over and get out kneeling, but can use the shower.  He did suggest exercise and I can see a psychotherapist if I wish, which sounds good and all on the National Health, and I saw the nurse first then the doctor the same day, and I said I wasn't an urgent case as had this problem for two weeks now.  Nice doctor helped me with my coat, and was very kind, so I was impressed with the service I got.  Changed to the local health clinic which is only 5 minutes walk from me and they can do the scan there so I don't have to go to hospital to have one.  Haven't had to go to the doctor for years, but not being able to use my left arm without pain in so annoying.  Hopefully it is nothing too serious just a strain.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 13:40:01 »
It may also be a trapped nerve but the scan will show that.   Either way, do take up any offer of physiotherapy and advice about extra exercise - good for brain function as well as the body.
Obxx - Vendée France

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 09:58:26 »
I just read that about an old lady being murdered, and because of an allotment dispute too! I must admit that I was on very strained terms with our allotment manager the last two years, she's a right old cow if I may say and she pissed me about right up to the day I gave in the keys to my plot. However I restrained my homicidal tendencies!  It's crazy to think that some one would kill you over allotment management!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 15:30:36 »
There seems to be something about allotment committee members that stirs things up on sites......oh hang on, I'm up for election next month to go back on the Committee after five years, I must be mad, perhaps I should think again if it's that dangerous!!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal