Author Topic: Allotment shed cleared!  (Read 1359 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Allotment shed cleared!
« on: January 07, 2018, 16:13:24 »
As I'm giving up my plot at the end of the month, I spent a few hours today clearing out my shed. Couldn't believe how much stuff was in there, including quite a lot of stuff that I took down because "it might come in useful" but it never did! There's a lesson there!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Allotment shed cleared!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 15:27:36 »
Sad you are closing things up, but interesting times ahead eh?!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 18:10:53 »
I must go up to the lovely allotment when my shoulder/neck is better. I will miss my lovely, lovely Bramley apple tree, (from Morrisons over 10 years ago) hopefully someone else will use all the lovely cooking apples.  Raspberry canes have spread everywhere.  Only got a spade and few other tools up there in my locker.  Most of all I will miss all my allotment friends and the good chats, maybe too many chats and not enough digging.  I expect they will cut my Christmas tree down, which I grew from a pot and is now very, very high.  Also the fig tree which I should have put in a pot.  Well I am sure some strong young men/women will enjoy it, so will not shed too many tears.  It has done me very well for 14 years, so time to move on. Looking forward to moving to a bungalow and a small garden, better check before we move that Dulcie (cat) likes it as he loves it here, but maybe he loves me more than the house.  I will tell the allotment Sec. before April, not fair to keep it if I am not going to cultivate it next year, it does annoy me when people don't let the Council know and they have to go through a long eviction process.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 09:24:29 »
onwards and upwards

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal