General > Bargains Galore

Has anyone heard of Countrywide?

(1/3) > >>

cambourne7:
HI All,

Just discovered this place about 20 miles near me and happen to be going near by on friday and as i need bark chips and some soil to top up some beds i though i would give them a go www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk.

Just wondered if anyone had used them? And if there any good?

Cam

ed dibbles:
There is one literally round the corner from home, about a hundred yards. I use them mainly for their big multi purpose bales and top soil bulk offers as it is easier to transport them back. I mix the two for a better potting mix.

They also do small potted shrubs and perennials £3.99 each  - £10 for three which offers good value as long as you are prepared to give the plants a year or two to grow. Also the same and slightly larger plants reduced at the end of the season. Plants that perhaps look dead/dying but are in fact just dormant.

For the rest of the merchandise you need rather deep pockets. Particularly that designed for the horsey set! :happy7:

cambourne7:

--- Quote from: ed dibbles on January 02, 2018, 15:03:05 ---There is one literally round the corner from home, about a hundred yards. I use them mainly for their big multi purpose bales and top soil bulk offers as it is easier to transport them back. I mix the two for a better potting mix.

They also do small potted shrubs and perennials £3.99 each  - £10 for three which offers good value as long as you are prepared to give the plants a year or two to grow. Also the same and slightly larger plants reduced at the end of the season. Plants that perhaps look dead/dying but are in fact just dormant.

For the rest of the merchandise you need rather deep pockets. Particularly that designed for the horsey set! :happy7:

--- End quote ---

Ah cool yes my nearest store is newmarket in cambridge so very horsey (the horses even have priority on the roads !!) the order has ended up being quite large in the end so might have to have it delivered but will pop in and check on deals first :) thanks

Digeroo:
I have in the past have packets of broadbean there own brand seeds from them they are very good value.

The one in Cirencester is next to the cattle market so tends to cater for them.  The wheelbarrows are good value and tend to be sturdy.  But no plants.  The one in Witney is quite different lots of plants and more horsey.  They are good for guinea pig food. 

Horses always have priority on the roads.  I once made one bolt right across a busy roundabout with a moped I have been very wary ever since. 

cambourne7:

--- Quote from: Digeroo on January 02, 2018, 16:57:34 ---I have in the past have packets of broadbean there own brand seeds from them they are very good value.

The one in Cirencester is next to the cattle market so tends to cater for them.  The wheelbarrows are good value and tend to be sturdy.  But no plants.  The one in Witney is quite different lots of plants and more horsey.  They are good for guinea pig food. 

Horses always have priority on the roads.  I once made one bolt right across a busy roundabout with a moped I have been very wary ever since. 

--- End quote ---

Yes i know about the horses but i guess in newmarket when they go around in groups of about 50 ot 60 horses and you can be stuck easly 10 min waiting for them to cross its perhapse more of an annoyance hence me trying to avoid :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version