Allotment Stuff > Allotment Movement

Weed killers containing Glyphosate

<< < (11/11)

Digeroo:
I certainly done a lot of cursing at bindweed, that certainly does not work but have had success with glyphosate.    Bindweed appeared in the hedge and got only inches from my plot.   :BangHead: :BangHead:

Obelixx:
We have acres of the stuff, along with apple mint.  It is less vertically inclined than the stuff we had in our Belgian garden and rpoduces many more curly white underground stems from a thick brown root.  Total PITA.

AnnieD:

--- Quote from: Obelixx on September 15, 2018, 11:46:02 ---Unfortunately for the birds it did affect their ability to make strong eggshells and raptors, the highest up the food chain, were worst affected.  It is taking dceades for populations to recover.

Gardening, agriculture and chemicals are not just about humans.  Think of the birds and, especially, the bees too.

--- End quote ---

Well said. We share this earth with all other creatures, we have a duty to them too. Rachel Carson's book was required reading in my biology A level and I still stand by its conclusions.

nodig:
Yes ants have equal rights until they try and get into my house and then they get zapped - I hope I am not upsetting the delicate eco system of mother earth.  My mate Bob said the best way to save pandas is to start selling panda meat in the supermarkets - lots of panda farms - lots of panda meat - lots of pandas - A world in perfect harmony.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version