Author Topic: Going private  (Read 1591 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Going private
« on: November 15, 2017, 09:33:15 »
After a couple of years of blood tests, tablets, shaking of heads and trial by error treatments I have nearly been cured of my shoulder pains and semi paralysis every morning. The physio department at the hospital was overworked so they sent me to a private company, still under the NHS and free. Last session this morning (I hope) and only three visits. Excruciating pain when they massage the shoulders and a daily set of easy excercises and they went straight to the problem. I think I might start paying in to a scheme for private treatment at least they get results. I am not knocking the good old NHS but they have so much to do they don't have time to get the job done and just dole out tablets to get rid of you. Also if the private physio says 10.30 it is 10.30 not a couple of hours later.

pumkinlover

Re: Going private
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:33:28 »
At one time we would never have considered private hospital but recent events have made us reconsider.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 13:59:28 »
I'm the same really but when the receptionist says 'Your' early, would you like coffee while you wait' only if you have biscuit I joked. Two digestives later I was being treated.

Seacarrot

• Quarter Acre
  • Two Greenhouses and a fab new shed.
    • The Cynical Gardener
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 17:09:04 »
I guess you have to do what is best for you what ever the cost......

Unfortunately it’s becoming the way of the word & we are in for turbulent times ahead me thinks....

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 18:14:45 »
I had a frozen shoulder and the physio was brilliant and on time.  Though no tea and bikkies.  We can go on line and self refer to physio.  I had steroid injection first and the even managed to co ordinated physio with injection.   

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal