Produce > Pests & Diseases

Ant bites

(1/2) > >>

pumkinlover:
Looking forward to a good day on the allotment this morning and the garden this afternoon.

Having a tidy up on the plot, when I felt the tell tale  sharp pain, three bites on my arm. Decided to go home and take a antihistamine  because I always react quite badly.  One piriton later and I slept all afternoon, woke up for tea and fell asleep again, total wuss when it comes to medication!

Just annoyed that I wasted half a day.

Borlotti:
Poor you, was it red ants, hope you get better soon.

Palustris:
If it helps, the ants use acid (Formic acid to be exact) so rubbing Bicarb of soda on the bites does help a little. It neutralises the acid.

gray1720:
You have my sympathy re the piriton - it has a similar efect on me to drinking on an empty stomach, except I talk less balls before I fall over.

Adrian

Digeroo:
I hate ant bites too, they blow up into a huge itchy lump six inches across.  My biggest dread is getting a stray one in the bed.  Once ended up with eight bites and only one the one ant.
I also crash out with antihistamine.  I had the most expensive one on prescription which was guaranteed not to make you dozy and I slept like a baby.  In fact it was worse than the cheapest one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version