Author Topic: Building work  (Read 2522 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Building work
« on: October 30, 2017, 21:55:33 »
Not sure why this will not work, but will try again.
Maybe the photos.
Dulcie having a sleep in the cement mixer.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Building work
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 21:59:39 »
It worked this time, have a problem with the damp course, and not covered by building insurance, wear and tear, so a big job. Got so bargains at Morrisons, but lost my reading glasses, so not a happy bunny.  Dulcie has gone to bed in my bed, and bite me last night when I pushed him off. Not allowed at the allotment today as was on tea duty.  Happy days.  :BangHead: :BangHead:

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 07:24:23 »
Not where you would expect a cat to go. Was he just investigating this invasion maybe he thought it was a Cat cave ?

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 10:50:07 »
Not where you would expect a cat to go. Was he just investigating this invasion maybe he thought it was a Cat cave ?

No, if like my cats, I expect he is acting as foreman for the day to ensure that the damp course is done properly.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 11:32:48 »
Actually the cement mixer is a good place for him to hide, if it wet as it has a plastic sheet over it.  I might put a blanket in it, but OH might well moan.  He likes it much better than his lovely new cat house.  I think it is the shape he likes and it is off the ground.  Maybe a new invention for Dragons Den, new shape outdoor cat houses (but I expect it has already been done). 2 men coming tomorrow to drill and inject the walls with something, rubbish being removed from the front garden at present, so maybe the dusty, dirty work is almost over and then plastering and redecorating (what a pain). My new curtains are dust sheets (lovely) but it is amazing how one copes, OH did want me to stay at my sisters but I can always stay in bed and read, or in the spare bedroom on the computer, or maybe spend a couple of days at the allotment.  :sunny: :sunny:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 11:56:46 »
Some drunk left a sign in our front garden re selling, letting etc. Have rang them twice to collect it they haven't yet.  Anyway some lady saw the sign and was speaking to our builders, and really, really loved our house, and wants to buy it. Maybe the drunk did us a favour. She was very persistent, told her the sign was a mistake, but she has taken our details and will get in touch in January.  She is Nigerian and related to royalty and rich (so she said).  Anyway it is will not be up for sale until after Christmas, but was amazed that she loved it when it is in such a terrible mess. Well encouraging that maybe it will sell quickly when finished. Dulcie came in too soon yesterday and disappeared into the hole where the fireplace was and went under the floor.  A bit worried about him, but when OH had his shower and it had all gone quiet he come out looking very pleased with himself. Better go and do my duty as tea lady. :coffee2: :coffee2:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 16:11:58 »
Who needs wallpaper, new fashion the brick look. Getting fed up with the dust everywhere. 

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 16:54:06 »
Getting fed up with all the dust, especially as I have had a bad cold and cough.  OH says it is me smoking, I say it is the dust. Hopefully it will get better soon.  Fireplace going back in. Dulcie gone to bed, think I will join him.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 06:57:24 »
  She is Nigerian and related to royalty and rich

She most probably has a secret bank account and will give you double the price if you  help her get the money out of Nigeria. All you  have to do is give her your bank account details.

[/quote]

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 09:19:27 »
Hi Ya, very good ace, dont take it seriously borlotti, she could well be a con artist as I get them from time to time e mailing me to say I've won a fortune. If only.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 11:33:06 »
Actually I made a mistake as didn't talk to the lady, OH did.  She comes from Nairobi, not sure if that is better or worse.  Anyway she only lives over the road in a flat so knows the area.  Obviously we will not believe everything she says, but have her details.  It will not be on the market until all this work has finished so will see if we get any offers then.  Dulcie doesn't want to move, but if we get a big garden will love it.  I have decided to give up the allotment even if the house doesn't sell as I can't manage it anymore.  Have had 14 years enjoyment out of it so time to move on.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal