Author Topic: Water water everywhere  (Read 2104 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Water water everywhere
« on: October 13, 2017, 19:13:21 »
Got to the allotment this morning and every bib tap on the site had been removed and water was running all over.

So much for our fences and gates :BangHead:

There is  a row of council houses and a few that have been bought on the right to buy scheme running along the side the length of our plots.

The trouble is some of these houses are used by the council as temporary residence for battered wives, recovering addicts and down and outs generally and over the many years I have been on the plots we occasionally  get a bout of thefts, my guess is that one of these temporary residents was short of brass last night ( pardon the pun) and decided the brass taps were worth a 'weigh in'

I am really lucky in the 25+ years I have been on the site I have only been affected by theft two or three times.

I am quite friendly with the home owner directly behind my plot and  she has occasionally moved on trespassers she has seen wandering through the plots.

I have warned her not to tackle the trespassers and have suggested that she just walks up to the fence and let the trespasser know he has been seen and usually he moves on.

In recognition of this I give this lady a few veg or flowers for her services each year.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Water water everywhere
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 07:51:18 »
Frustrating.  Scrap metal merchants are supposed to check where metal has come from.

I suggest you ring round to see if any have any taps for sale.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal