Author Topic: large veg show  (Read 2672 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
large veg show
« on: September 30, 2017, 18:16:08 »
its that time again folks london road allotments clacton on sea essex heaviest veg comp carrot ,beetroot .butternut,leek,onion,marrow,tomato ,cabbage and of course pumpkin  fun starts at 10;30 free refreshments free admission all welcome
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Pescador

• Hectare
Re: large veg show
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 22:18:57 »
Which day?
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 19:18:18 »
Which day?
oopps so sorry it was today and a great day it was we raised over £57 to fund the next one and yes i was the winner no pics as yet but it was close the main cup the pumpkin cup 222lb second was 119lb third was 118lb not as big as in the past but we have had a very dry summer even by our standards had a  nice 44lb cabbage ,19 pound butternut 2lb tomato  i was second in the beetroot  and third in the marrow nowhere in the carrot or onion or leek so overall  i was first 15 points then tied on 3 points richard  steve and geoff then jim and sid on 2  but was a great day and the rain held off all day

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 19:22:07 »
Which day?
oopps so sorry it was today and a great day it was we raised over £57 to fund the next one and yes i was the winner no pics as yet but it was close the main cup the pumpkin cup 222lb second was 119lb third was 118lb not as big as in the past but we have had a very dry summer even by our standards had a  nice 44lb cabbage ,19 pound butternut 2lb tomato  i was second in the beetroot  and third in the marrow nowhere in the carrot or onion or leek so overall  i was first 15 points then tied on 3 points richard  steve and geoff then jim and sid on 2  but was a great day and the rain held off all day
oopps again i missed off eddie who was indeed second with 9 points sorry edd and he had a perfect 5lb9oz carrot it really was fautless well done edd

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal