Author Topic: Any ideas for green cherry tomatoes?  (Read 1985 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Any ideas for green cherry tomatoes?
« on: September 25, 2017, 17:39:17 »
I've got a lot of green cherry tomatoes (outdoors) so looking for recipes, please, before the blight or frost hits them.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Any ideas for green cherry tomatoes?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:03:46 »
If you can leave them on a sunny window sill, most will ripen.  And those that ripen quickly will still taste very nice.  The others can be used for cooking when they have turned colour or green, as you like.  :wave:

terrier

• Acre
  • North Wales
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 00:51:42 »
I was told by a pro market gardener to cut the plant off at the bottom truss and remove the leaves. Store in a dry well ventilated dark place and the toms will ripen. I've done this for years now and it does seem to work. On the other hand, I've brought some greenies that have fallen from the plants into the kitchen and just left them in the light and they are ripening as well. I guess if they are healthy enough, they will ripen anyway. Hey, nothing wrong with green toms, I eat them any colour.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 09:16:48 »
Thatsounds easy, terrier, but I'm not sure \i've got a dry, well ventilated dark space- I've got a garage and a cellar but they are both damp! Maybe a wardrobe? In the meantime my windowsills are full of green tomatoes!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal