Author Topic: Selling up.  (Read 7852 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: Selling up.
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 20:26:05 »
. Blimey, I'm tempted to come around with my spade and whip away a few 'spares'.
As you know, you would be most welcome, but you would need more room than you get on a motorbike!
Gardening is the great leveller.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2017, 04:04:57 »
How is the selling going?  House next to us sold in minutes.  Did you get planning permission before you sold? 

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2017, 09:13:12 »
A few viewers, but no takers. No planning permissions applied for.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2017, 19:08:37 »
Sane here-  7 or 8 viewings and one silly offer. We've now had an offer accepted on a house we want, so fingers crossed we get someone interested before it gets into winter.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 16:44:31 »
Just needing to rant! We got an offer on our house last week from someone who had a cash buyer for theirs so it was all looking good. Then got a call today from the Scottish solicitor to say the people who had accepted our offer had withdrawn their house from the market.  :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 17:04:09 »
Sorry. That is very disappointing for you. We have accepted an offer for ours, we will see what happens. Found a property we like, but need to go and have another look and someone has put in an offer. They cannot proceed , but we could so it would be down to the vendor.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 17:22:02 »
Good luck!

pumkinlover

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 07:37:09 »
Sorry Caroline. I was under the impression that  in Scotland once an offer was accepted the sale had to go ahead.
Obviously I got it wrong.
Hope all goes well  Palustris.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 18:09:56 »
Apparently so-I think it hadn't got to the "signed and sealed" stage.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2017, 21:05:55 »
They came and put a 'Sold' sign on ours while we were out, so no going back now.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 22:24:25 »
That's a big step Palustris.  Did you go and see the one you liked again?  Have you made an offer?   You must be in a strong position now but the fun is just starting.  How are you doing with clearing and sorting of contents, inside and out?
Obxx - Vendée France

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 08:53:07 »
We are going to look again today. Not done anything much about moving. Still doing the garden though.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 11:22:56 »
Best get started.  Can't tell you how much time it took us to sort out 23 years of stuff stashed in the attic and barn as well as what furniture and contents would make the move.   Like you, I was more worried about making sure I got the plants I needed........
Obxx - Vendée France

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 12:35:18 »
Trouble is that the chap has accepted an offer from someone who is not in a position to buy, which we are. All we can do is put in an offer to the Estate Agents and go from there. Off to look at other place now.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 13:25:43 »
Is gazumping still allowed in England?   Don't understand accepting an offer from someone who can't proceed.  Isn't there a "subject to contract" clause?
Obxx - Vendée France

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 13:39:08 »
Hi Ya, Sorry to hear of your dilemma Palustris, surely the people who accepted the offer realise they can't complete, if so why accept? It is a big anxiety time we had a offer accepted and the day we were to exchange contracts the vendor pulled out. We still sold ours and moved our stuff into storage and lodged with Mum in law. Bless her. Then we found another property and set the ball in motion when and about 5 weeks after the estate agent rang and said she had put back on the market. I sounded interesting and when they rang back 2 days later said no thanks. We had paid for all solicitor and searches etc. The estate agent had the cheek to say she is all up for it and waiting now. I said tough. It turned out better for us though luckily. Any way lets hope no hoorrprs for you and good house hunting.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2017, 14:19:25 »
We don't understand the protocols either. The vendor is in danger of losing the property he wants to buy unless he can sell his. We are going to put in an offer and see what happens. He can either accept or wait for the other folks to sell. Nothing much we can do.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 18:57:38 »
Nothing much we can do.
It's that feeling that everything is beyond your control which makes the whole process so stressful, isn't it? We've decided we're going to wait until the new year now before looking again,unless something stunning comes through on the email, and if we end up having to rent so that we can find something we really like, so be it, rather than settle for something just to get things moving.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 21:13:00 »
The Vendor accepted our offer so now we are in the hands of Solicitors etc. We do not need as mortgage so no problem there. We do want a survey though and we are waiting for our purchasers surveyor to get in touch.
Not getting my hopes up.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 22:33:19 »
Hope it goes thru OK P.  Stressful times.
Obxx - Vendée France

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal