Author Topic: london road c.o.s produce show  (Read 4125 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
london road c.o.s produce show
« on: August 31, 2017, 19:45:58 »
this sunday  the 3rd of Sept 11 am its showtime at London road allotments  Essex all welcome  free entry free refreshments anyone in they the area id be honoured to show you around our little bit of the sunshine coast my shed is full of tomatoes at the mo as we have had some rain so i had to harvest exhibits early so they didn't split anyway i digress  love to see you there if you have the time to spare
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

pumkinlover

Re: london road c.o.s produce show
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 07:36:22 »
If only we were closer  :wave:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 08:19:43 »
Your shelves are literally bending under the weight of all the produce.  Must be a combination of very benign weather, good soil and skilled gardener.  A joy to see (and envy  :tongue3:

Have a great show, Johnnyco  :wave:

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 18:17:57 »
been on the plot all day today 6:30 this morning got home around 5 think im all set now only set back picked my truss toms a couple of days ago as they are all field grown heavy rain was forecast  so didnt want them to split however its been so warm when im cleaning them they are falling off  so  had to find some others not as good as the first sets however its what ive harvested a box of peppers just to 4 identical   but all in all its been a good day thanks everyone for the support the whole site is after me  they dont want me to win it 3 years in a row so its fingers crossed ill let you all know tomorrow how i got on

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 15:47:08 »
today was show thanks to     sue and cathy for the refreshments robin and his wife for judging paul for taking the entrance fees and keith for doing the photos and anyone ive missed a big thankyou from everyone at the allotments which was a fantastic day  and yes overall winner for the third year in a row was me second was richard and third was dave moss it was a great sunny day here on the sunshine coast 4 weeks until the pumpkin show so watch this space

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 16:04:53 »
Well Done!

Becoming a bit of habit this isn't it!

BTW Like the 'themed' shirt :tshirt:

DrJohnH

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 17:11:16 »
today was show thanks to     sue and cathy for the refreshments robin and his wife for judging paul for taking the entrance fees and keith for doing the photos and anyone ive missed a big thankyou from everyone at the allotments which was a fantastic day  and yes overall winner for the third year in a row was me second was richard and third was dave moss it was a great sunny day here on the sunshine coast 4 weeks until the pumpkin show so watch this space

Nice one- congratulations- your enthusiasm in gardening shows through and has paid off!  Good luck with the pumpkin show...

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 17:46:46 »
Well Done!

Becoming a bit of habit this isn't it!

BTW Like the 'themed' shirt :tshirt:
indeed old mate the shirt is a bit of a bobby dazzler its my last show this year me and the wife are looking around to buy somewhere warm in the winter so will be going away a lot in the coming years so just will not get the time still they have asked me if i would pick the categories  and judge next years so at least ill get some fun so ill retire with a 100% record

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 18:19:40 »
I used to have a time share for such a situation but I got rid of it and become more of a stay at home man.

Can't stand all the security at airports it makes the first and last day of my holidays a pain. Particularly the day I come back it can add a bit of an anti- climax to the holiday.

But that's me!

Regarding you setting the classes for the next show I have attached a show schedule that might help you with your 'picking'

When it comes to the judging let me give you a friendly word of advice and that is........

Your parentage is going to come into question  :angel11:

We have a few people on the plot who have their holiday homes and are away for months at a time then they wonder why they can't grow good stuff (apart from weeds)

But. I wish you well....as they say: each to their own

Here is the schedule

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Data/Show%20schedule/Show%20Schedule.htm

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 21:43:03 »
I used to have a time share for such a situation but I got rid of it and become more of a stay at home man.

Can't stand all the security at airports it makes the first and last day of my holidays a pain. Particularly the day I come back it can add a bit of an anti- climax to the holiday.

But that's me!

Regarding you setting the classes for the next show I have attached a show schedule that might help you with your 'picking'

When it comes to the judging let me give you a friendly word of advice and that is........

Your parentage is going to come into question  :angel11:

We have a few people on the plot who have their holiday homes and are away for months at a time then they wonder why they can't grow good stuff (apart from weeds)

But. I wish you well....as they say: each to their own

Here is the schedule

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Data/Show%20schedule/Show%20Schedule.htm
thanks tg yes the old arthritis plays me up so winter sun should make it easier and on the judging ive a thick skin  a shrug of the shoulders and a rye  smile hopefully will see me through and i might have time to take some pictures unlike the last few years but thanks again for the advice will take heed

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal