Author Topic: Hi Folks, just a quickie from Jeannine  (Read 3486 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Hi Folks, just a quickie from Jeannine
« on: August 26, 2017, 07:45:25 »
Hi, I have dropped off the map a lot this last year or two as I had no time to do anything but support my husband .I didn't do a garden but did a bit in the greenhouse.

I just wanted to touch base with you all to let you know that my beloved John   succumbed to the last stage of Alzheimer's and died  a few  days ago.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Hi Folks, just a quickie from Jeannine
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 07:48:42 »
Jeannine - that is sad new to hear and I hope you are taking good care of yourself.  I know from personal experience with my mother that it can be a a torrid time so I hope you are ok.  From all of us here at A4A we wish you all the best.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 07:59:50 »
We are so sorry to hear that Jeannine.  A bit virtual hug goes to you.  You have been through so much over the last few years.  I was thinking of you both just a few days ago when RupertBear's birthday came up on the list of A4A birthdays, who I am sure is John.

That his passing was expected makes it no easier to bear and go through.  But he is at peace after a very long illness. 

Good to hear that you have been able to keep your hand in with gardening, even if it is on a smaller scale than previously.  There is a lot of strength coming from the soil and from caring for plants.

Thinking of you Jeannine, take care   :angel11:  :wave:

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 08:11:39 »
So sorry to hear this news Jeannine. Even though you haven't been here much of late I always think of you.
Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 08:28:37 »
So. Sorry to hear your sad news.  My sympathies to you and your family.  I,  like many of us on A4A have thought of you a lot over the last few years and wondered how you both were.  Please look after yourself. May

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 08:50:57 »
Thinking of you.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 10:23:11 »
Jeannine, I am so sorry to hear about John and my thoughts are with you.  Hopefully, in time, you will remember the good times that you had together as the past few years of sadness and grief fade. 

I am thinking of you Jeannine and sending hugs your way.   With lots of love from Pauline  xxxx  {{{hugs}}}

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 10:46:11 »
My condolences to you Jeannine at this difficult time.

Gary and Judy x

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 11:18:53 »
Such sad news Jeannine. Thank you for letting us know. It's good that you have your family around you and that you are not alone. Be strong - it's time to take care of yourself now that John is at rest..

Big hugs
Tricia xx

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 14:33:05 »
Dear Jeannine, So sorry to hear this news. It was always clear from your posts how devoted you were to each other. I do hope you have lots of friends and family to support you through these hard times. i'll be thinking of you xxx

Wizpod.

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 16:13:47 »
Take care Jeannine.
Time to be a little selfish and to give yourself the care and love you have obviously given John over the years.
You are both in my thoughts.
Heather.

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 20:16:47 »
So sorry to hear of John's passing. Hold on to your memories of happy times together.
You cheered me up so much when I was so down. I'm sorry I don't have the way with words that you did, but my most loving thoughts are being sent to you.
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 21:28:55 »
Dear Jeannine, sad news indeed and I am very sorry for your loss. I only knew John through you eyes and words, but my, they were so kind, loving and fun, he must truly have been a wonderful friend, man, husband and father.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Em x
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 21:40:56 »
It is so difficult to say much at this time but all our thoughts are with you at this very sad time. Bless you.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 23:14:55 »
Jeannine I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing, although it is hard at the moment in time the memories will become happier, treasure them.  I am still growing your Trail of Tears beans and always think of you! Take care xxx

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 10:23:04 »
Big hugs , I'm sure you have had a very stressful and sorrowful time of it. Out of this long dreaded loss can come rest for you and the buds of a new life. Be kind to yourself and when you are ready get that pencil and pad out to plan next years gardening plan!
I've been thinking of you as I nurture big zac in the poly tunnel come on my girl.
X sunloving

Chris Graham

• Hectare
  • Stirling, Scotland
    • Backyard
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 14:39:09 »
so sorry to here this Jeannine, all the best 

Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 12:45:50 »
Just popped back in to say thank you, I have taken it well and also very badly, I went through it  completely alone and unsupported  and that has hurt very much. John made all his own decisions when he was still well and although I didn't always agree I made sure they were carried out.That made something much easier.

Thank you all and I am sorry I have no tbeen in touch for so long. I will try to pop in further down the road a bit

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 11:17:30 »
Sorry to hear your sad news Jeannine, thinking of you.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 13:45:09 »
Have just seen this. Jeannine, I am very sorry to hear about John. having lost my mum to Alzheimers' (or more probably a related illness as she had a terrible physical decline) I know how difficult it is.  I am thinking of you and hoping for better days for you. Please take care.  Adrienne xxx
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal