Author Topic: Tomato problems  (Read 1106 times)

cudsey

• Half Acre
Tomato problems
« on: August 14, 2017, 18:38:12 »
I am having a problem with my greenhouse tomatoes this year the plants all have plenty of flowers but hardly any fruit I have only had 6 toms they get fed twice a week I have never had had any problems with them before and I am doing nothing different to what I always do,  any help would be gratefully appreciated
Barnsley S Yorks

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: Tomato problems
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 19:33:35 »
 heat  i would think your greenhouse has got too hot and the air too dry tomatoes dont grow when the temperature gets too high   so id ventilate it and splash water on the floor to make it nice and  humid then the  chances are youll get a better crop hope this helps
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 06:15:45 »
My neighbour gave me some tomatoes and hers are covered in fruit and mine are covered in leaves.  I think perhaps I have overfed them.  Next year I am going to try feeding only once the fruit has set.

cudsey

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 18:03:19 »
Thank you for your replies I think that the greenhouse did get very warm during that hot spell that we had I will certainly splash water on the floor and leave the door open and hope for the best perhaps next year I will put some shading at the sunny end of the greenhouse 
Barnsley S Yorks

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal