Author Topic: Gardeners and their cats  (Read 45880 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Gardeners and their cats
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2005, 20:13:09 »
Will do.   ;D

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2005, 16:50:27 »
You will all remember the cowardly cat, Tiger, who adopted us last year?  Well, look at him now!    ;D

G xx

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2005, 17:35:42 »
What a beauty Georgie - you are obviously looking after him well :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2005, 18:06:53 »
I can add to this thread now as we've recently become proud owners of a rescue cat called Poppy, here's a picture below. When Poppy came home with us a black cat who we've now named Archie decided that he wanted to come and live with us so now we have two cats. I'm still to take a photo of Archie but he's a beautiful pure black cat who has a purr as loud as a lion, he eats a lot too!

Here's Poppy :D

Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2005, 19:49:20 »
I definitely want that cat Georgie, lol
Hope you had a nice Christmas

MM x

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2005, 19:52:19 »
Poppy looks lovely Jesseveve.  Hope she and Archie have settled in OK

MM

undercarriage plan

« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2005, 19:56:04 »
What lovely cats!!
I had a rescue cat called George, loved him to bits. He was a bit perculiar and kept bumping into things...I took him to the vets, and was told he was as blind as a bat....but he was wonderful...soon got to know his way around the house, though bumped into hoovers and things when I forgot to put them away... He'd sit at my feet and wait to be lifted up.... He was so funny. The water tank bust in the loft and poured onto my bed, so I had to remove the bed...George used to wander round where the bed was!! In a perfect rectangle.....
One day, some visitors left the door open, and he got out...found him 5 doors up in a neighbours garden, not alive  :'(....he was magik!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2005, 21:07:51 »
Tiger or Keef, GW?  ;)

Jesse, Poppy is gorgeous.  Would go really well with my Shelley if she ever gets to much for you.  ;D  Can't wait to see Archie.   :D

Hi MM, long time no see.  I knew this thread would get you posting again.   ;D  Christmas was lovely, hope yours was too.  How's my Merlin?

Oh Lottie, that's a sad story.  Bet you miss him to bits.  :(

G xx

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2005, 21:14:01 »
Thanks everyone, I'll take a picture of Archie. I've lost the cable to upload my pictures to the laptop so will try to find it tomorrow, camera is full and got no way of moving the photos off.

Sorry to hear about George, Lottie, that's a very sad ending. :'(
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

undercarriage plan

« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2005, 21:18:49 »
Thanks Jess, he was very, very special....wussed out and never told kids, they were too little, only had 2 at the time, and at that point there was hysterics if a fly got squished.... ::)
Looking forward to Archie!!

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2005, 21:26:40 »
Oh Merlin is fine thanks Georgie.  Fast asleep on Toby-dogs bed at the moment.  He seems to spend more and more time indoors which is fine by me.
We had a good Christmas thanks.  All the best for 2006 and hugs to those cats of yours.

Lottie that is so sad, I am sorry

MM x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2005, 21:43:07 »
Got a recent pic, MM?  I'd love to see one.  Lost my Fletch in September (he was 17 and had cancer) so down to two cats now - but will willingly pass on the hugs to Shells and Tiger, though. 

G xx

undercarriage plan

« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2005, 21:44:50 »
Thank you and strangely I do... but that's life good, better, great, wonderful then the odd bit of oh no.....

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2005, 21:48:11 »
Georgie, I didn't know, I'm so sorry.  It's never easy however you lose them.  Hugs to you.
I haven't got a very recent pic of Merlin, but I will try to get one soon. 

MM x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2005, 21:54:19 »
Thanks, MM.  I didn't say anything here because I was just too upset at the time.  I'd never had to put an animal down before and it was just awful, even though the vet was marvellous.  Still miss Fletch of course but I know I did the right thing, he was suffering.

G xx

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2005, 22:35:26 »
Georgie I've sent you a pm

MM x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2005, 22:55:10 »
Ty MM, much appreciated.  :)

G xx

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2005, 20:04:40 »

here's my Merlin.  (Hope it's not too big)
Get with the beat Baggy

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2005, 20:11:34 »
I'm not letting my Merlin see that pic Baggy.  I hope you didn't make him go down too many chimneys, lol

How is he these days btw?

MM

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #239 on: January 01, 2006, 13:18:40 »
He's an absolute pest.  We have laminate flooring thoughout the whole dowstairs and he keeps us awake by chasing anything that he can swick across the floor and thundering up and down the stairs.  We had him a year on Christmas eve and he has got so much personality - still wont sit on your lap but enjoys a good scratch under the chin.
He has gained a lot of weight since we had him and his fur looks the real deal whereas it was a bit sparse when he came from his old home (if you remember he had taken a overnight dislike to the cat he was living with).  You could see the skin on his belly and back legs but not any more.  He also used to look like a moggy but he has filled out to BSH shape i.e. - fat  :)
Get with the beat Baggy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal