Author Topic: Tatton Park Flower Show 2017  (Read 1406 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Tatton Park Flower Show 2017
« on: July 26, 2017, 20:55:27 »
Hi all,

I had the pleasure of visiting Tatton show last weekend and as usual I took hundreds of pictures.

So much so,  it has taken me until now to edit them and put them into a 'blog' on my website.

I have managed to get the total down to just over 200 photos so for those people that are interested you can have a look and a read in here:

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Blogspot/Tatton%20-2017/Tatton%20-%202017.htm

ps If yo find any typos or broken links could you give me the nod, as I haven't really got around to proofing it yet. TIA

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
Re: Tatton Park Flower Show 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 22:39:12 »
They were well worth a look through, I have not been to Tatton Park for a few years but think i will be visiting next year as Gardeners world live seems to have stagnated a wee bit.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 18:25:41 »
Brilliant! Thank you. How long were you there for?!!

Tee Gee

• Hectare
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 21:39:04 »
How long were you there for?!!

Just for the day!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 07:48:51 »
Lovely photos Tee Gee.  Thanks for posting.

I watched some of the show on tv recently and it inspired me to want to go there one year. 

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 07:53:41 »
Wow ! great photos ! Love that Ladybird and especially love the Bonsai trees ...it is all very inspiring ! :)   Debbie  :wave:
Trespassers will be composted !

Tee Gee

• Hectare
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 18:43:28 »
I watched some of the show on tv recently and it inspired me to want to go there one year

I think earlier than later might be advisable as I get the feeling it might not be around much longer at least in its present form.

The show is run by the RHS and they have now set up shows at their major gardens ( Wisley,Rosemoor,Hyde Hall and Harlow Carr) and within the next couple of years  they will be opening a new garden at Bridgewater which is only a few miles from Tatton so it would not surprise me if the Tatton show as it is now might move to Bridgewater for economic reasons. That is they will not have to hire the Tatton Park estate.

Hope I am wrong! Only time will tell!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal