Author Topic: glads  (Read 1634 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
glads
« on: July 08, 2017, 14:26:07 »
a few months ago i posted a pic of some  glads someone on here told me to send them back as they were no good cant remember who it was well anyway i never with no help from me they have now started to flower and in my opinion for what its worth they look great  so its one in the eye for who ever you was  what do you think
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
Re: glads
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 21:59:52 »
They are lovely ! I dont remember your post about them ? Were you not happy with them when they arrived then ? Someone must have thought that you weren't happy with them ?
 Anyway you got a lovely display ...lovely pic ! 
Trespassers will be composted !

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 16:18:48 »
no i was very happy with them they were strong young plants in my opinion  however   i think someone was just having a joke and i thought id  poke the bear in the belly and have a joke back he who laughs lasts  and all that anyway enough of all that the cut flower bed on my plot is really producing now big bunches every day to take home glads and all lol :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

ed dibbles

• Hectare
  • somerset/dorset border. clay loam.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 23:41:35 »
I once bought some very shrivelled looking glad corms from wilcos in late may reduced to 20p. Hoping perhaps one would live I dug a short trench and scattered them in it. I was pleasantly surprised when they all came up after a couple of weeks going on to flower in sepember.

So perhaps glads are tougher than they seem. :happy7:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal