Author Topic: new car  (Read 1484 times)

ACE

• Hectare
new car
« on: July 05, 2017, 12:46:49 »
She has got rid of the titchy thing. Now I might be able to drive her new one during the day, I only ever sneaked about in titchy after dark when nobody could see me. Now, this new thing has all the bells and whistles, reversing camera, lights come on when it's dark, wipers start when it rains, it even parks itself. I am not keen on it talking to me but I think I can switch that off. A bit of a shock in town when it decided I was too close to the car in front and the brakes came on, it even told me off. Not quite new as it was the demonstrator, but seeing as you get all the extras without having to pay for them, quite a bargain and as it was registered before the car tax hike, free road tax.

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: new car
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 10:21:44 »
So what car is it, Ace?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 16:32:24 »
Peugeot 208 I think, she wanted a sparkly blue car and that is what she came home with. I only know what she saved on buying this one, if I mention how much it was, she talks like a politician and some how evades the answer. Perhaps I should ask the car it seem pretty chatty. Ask it a question on a local landmark and it seem to know all the answers.     https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 11:30:24 »
Hi Ya, Nice to hear you have a new car. I am surprised by what the cars can do now days. Mine is just 3 years old and it tells me when it needs a service and when a phone is not connected even when I haven't asked it. I am no techno phobe and distrust it especially as it told a month early, I know when it is due annual service. A colleague at work has a car that  mails him and the dealers garage when it has a problem or needs servicing and tells him. It knows where it has been, miles done, all sorts of stuff. I personally think it's an invasion of privacy and smacks of big brother watching you. It probably knows where I am going before I do LOL. Don't like it don't trust it. Enjoy yours though as it is nice to have a new car and that new car smell is lovely

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal