Author Topic: Grot Spot  (Read 1474 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Grot Spot
« on: June 11, 2017, 16:03:47 »
I guess many of you like me have a spot in the garden / allotment where you store stuff that is only used at certain times of the year.e.g. pots, trays etc.

I also guess like me you always mean to tidy it up but never seem to get around to it,well over the last few days I took the opportunity of the wet weather and started to tidy my 'grot spot' up. :icon_cheers:

Firstly I  cut down the overhanging shrubs (belonging to the next property) that have been hiding my grot spot, then I sorted out the 2"-4" pots of which there were in excess of 800 of them so I sorted them out into sizes and types then washed them in a bleach/water solution.

As I progressed through them I bagged up damaged pot and the inevitable pots that are different from the rest and don't stack well, this is why I mainly use square pots, these are usually similar choose what company has made them.

Then I started on the cell trays/inserts where I must have washed out in the region of 1500 cells, again getting rid of any odd or damaged ones.

Next was the trays of which I would guess at around 80 in number.

Then I started on the larger pots 0f 5" diameter and over.

So all in all I am quite happy with my weekends work plus this means I should be able to find pots/trays of the size I want it,plus it will be clean when I find it.

It also means the only pots/trays I will have to wash up in the new year are the ones that in use now. :coffee2: :angel11:

Hector

• Hectare
Re: Grot Spot
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 16:11:16 »
Been doing similar...I will be delighted if mine looks as nice/ organised as yours.
Jackie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal