Author Topic: one step forward  (Read 1344 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
one step forward
« on: June 01, 2017, 23:41:33 »
Back from a few days away and thankfully the new blinds on the greenhouse have saved my plants and given the forcasted weather decided to plant out my sprouts and cougette plants as well as planting some seeds in place.

I have some tomatoes to plant up in greenhouse and spent a while empting some of the water butts to prepare the soil in the greenhouse and made some space for more water.

I know that i am not quite on target for most things but glad i have at least got somethings planted so far :)

pumkinlover

Re: one step forward
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 07:55:00 »
I am busy trying to get everything into a stage where they survive a few days on their own. It is one of the drawbacks of gardening.
It also reminds me how behind I am compared to the more organised members on here. No names mentioned!

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 19:40:22 »
yes i know what you mean but i say to myself this is not a sprint its a long race :)

cam

ed dibbles

• Hectare
  • somerset/dorset border. clay loam.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 20:22:07 »
Work at your own pace. Allotmeneerting/gardening should be a pleasure rather than a chore.

Some get pleasure in growing a lot, getting the most out of every square foot, possibly with a view of self sufficiency coupled with freshness. Others take more care with a few choice things , or those they particularly like. Some like a tidy plot others don't mind it a tad ramshackle.

Everyone is different with diverse ideas of what makes a good allotment or garden. No way suits all.

After all, there is something to plant or sow or jobs to do every month of the year.

Just take your time and enjoy what you achieve. :happy7:

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 22:13:25 »
Exactly this is something i am doing for me :)

hayfeaver hit today so done nothing but some watering as we only had a light shower.

Husband is leaving me to sleep tomorrow and rest up for kids going back to school :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal