Author Topic: Shoes for arthritic feet?  (Read 1915 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Shoes for arthritic feet?
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:37:55 »
Can anyone recommend a good shoe brand for arthritic feet? I have arthritis in the arch area and the only thing that gives me proper support is my hiking boots. I have been given orthotics but find that because they raise my heel, I get sore toes or the backs of the shoes rub. I have never been one for fancy shoes, I just want some comfortable ones!

pumkinlover

Re: Shoes for arthritic feet?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 13:43:49 »
I know someone who has to have special shoes I will try and get in touch and get the information.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 16:30:42 »
I know what you mean about hiking boots they are the only type of footwear that I can wear for any duration. But not really 'dressy' enough to go out evening time. I am thinking of going to a scholl shop as their sandals give a nice support to the arch so perhaps they do shoes as well.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 18:05:11 »
Doc Martin's?   They come in some good colours now.  I'll be in flip flops all summer but I rather fancy some DMs for next autumn and winter.   
Obxx - Vendée France

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 18:30:51 »
ECCO make good shoes.
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

strawberry1

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 19:02:32 »
a company called `wider fit shoes`  they sell many widths and box sizes. They have a make called DB, they are generally the ones I wear. All my shoes are very comfortable

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 10:32:27 »
Thanks for the replies- I will investigate further!

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 11:32:10 »
Hotter Shoes are so comfortable.  They are a bit pricey but well worth it as they last a long time as well. I have quite a few pairs bought at Hotter  'outlet shops' which are in some towns and are much cheaper than buying on line or at their regular shops.

pumkinlover

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 07:51:04 »
PM sent

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 08:24:30 »
Lidl and Aldi do nice insoles which I find very cushioning and supportive.   Unfortunately they do not have them all the time.  So you have to recruit some spies to look out for them.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 16:42:32 »
If your orthotics are uncomfortable, you need another appointment to discuss it, get them altered or try something else.

I have some custom made ones and they were really uncomfortable until they were adjusted. Now they are the best thing ever! They have vastly reduced the pain I get in my feet and leg joints (I don't have arthritis, a different condition that causes joint pain).

I have some Earth Spirit sandals with arch support, which are the only footwear I can wear other than my walking boots with my special insoles.
gone to pot :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal