Author Topic: ROBINS  (Read 2371 times)

brownthumb2

• Half Acre
ROBINS
« on: May 19, 2017, 13:57:53 »
 Found a Robins nest  in one of the green houses tucked down behind the straw berries  I believe the tame Robin who we name scruffy ( always looking bedraggled ) is the dad as we saw him feeding another lately and saw him going into the greenhouse that's how we found the nest..  Do  we leave that greenhouse empty and just grow Robins..I was planning on putting a couple of Melons and the peppers in there  or do we risk upsetting them and go ahead and plant up  because there`s the watering  to do each day  the nest is right under where the door slides back but on the inside  ? I have  a poly tunnel and another green house but will mean shoe horning every thing in 

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
Re: ROBINS
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 18:25:58 »
It will take an awful lot to put the Robins off, i would just plant but avoid disturbing the nest and you will find they just keep doing what they need to do till they fledge.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 19:12:34 »
You may need to arrange to leave an "emergency exit", ie a small gap (but cat-proof) so that you can close the door. The top triangular glass for example. You could remove this, cut a cardboard/hardboard piece and remove a corner.
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

brownthumb2

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 21:18:19 »
 they ve  been using the  automatic  window  opener  But also must use the broken pane of glass at the back when the window is closed  Good news they take quite a bit  of frightening off   I think scruffy wont mind us so much but his Mrs is much more timid but will plant and hope they rare  their chicks  at least  this lot   Hopefully they will continue to use the nest and bring up more broods  as well

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal