Author Topic: Climbing Twiggy  (Read 2869 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
Climbing Twiggy
« on: February 16, 2005, 19:24:56 »

Just after lunch today we were on our way out shopping. Wife went upstairs to change and watched Twiggy jump up on to the oil storage tank, then on to the dividing wall and finally on to out neighbour's extensions flat roof. I went outside to see what the cat was doing, by which time it was on the house roof, examining the sparrows nesting sites round the dormer window. When I spoke Twiggy came down from there and sat on the window ledge.
Wife opened the window, which opens inwards, to let her in. This window has a faulty drainage hole in it and fills up with water. Naturally it chose this occasion to empty itself over the bedroom carpet. While she was rushing for towels etc. the cat disappeared downstairs and out through the back door.
When I had dropped Wife off in Town I returned to find Twiggy now sat on our Extension roof, peering over the edge as I opened the backdoor. There is no way she could get down from there. So upstairs I went and opened the window again, more water, but at least the towels were still there. In came Twiggy after a scrabble to get up on to the guttering and across to the window ledge.
As I closed the window she went downstairs so fast that she went underneath the other cat who was coming in through the backdoor. He was not amused.
Twiggy headed for my chair and as you can see settled down for a well earned sleep.
There is no way I am putting a cat flap in the bedroom window!
Gardening is the great leveller.

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
Re: Climbing Twiggy
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 19:38:35 »
 :D cats huh!

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 22:05:37 »
it did make me laught to read that! the things we do for our cats! she looks very at home and pleased with herself in the photo. landed on all 4 paws, i think.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 18:45:24 »
Is it curiosity or the urge for adventure do you think?!  We have scaffolding around our building and Belle has been regularly spotted at varying heights (after the workmen have gone home though!) I panicked the first time a neighbour phoned to say Belle was ouside their window but now we have got used to it  ::)
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: Warmed neutrality
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 19:02:24 »

Mytton on the left and Twiggy on the right in front of the Stove. Mytton absolutely loathes and detests this interloper, but heat comes before anything else.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 19:48:39 »
You certianly wouldn't know it from the pic Eric. They look so comfortable together.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 19:40:46 »
twiggy does look like she wants to be friends, they are almost touching! Mytton very firmly has his (?) back to her - i'm not moving over!!  all arguments put aside for the sake of heat! oh to be a (well loved) cat.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 19:47:19 »
No, that is just pure devilment, as soon as she touches Mytton  hisses and moves over a bit.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 20:02:23 »
oh! handbags! ;) i guess they'll take a while to settle and establish their own hierarchy.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 20:27:47 »
I doubt it, Mytton and our other cats have hated each other for 10 years now.

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 11:07:35 »
Oh bless them.  How many cats do you have in all ?

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 17:33:08 »
Now, just the three. Hannibal and Mytton are oldsters at 14 ish and Twiggy at 8 months. We would like another for company for her though.

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 20:16:06 »
i advocate having as many cats as radiators....not to use as radiators you understand........but if you have 7 rads then 7cats!we lost our beloveed little dolly before christm,s.....eggy missed baiting her ...for a while-but they've all settled down now.....
cats!i love 'em! cant live without 'em.
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 21:47:34 »
oh kitty that means I should have 9!! can't see someone buying that!  ::)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal