Author Topic: Gardening Shows  (Read 1325 times)

Seacarrot

• Quarter Acre
  • Two Greenhouses and a fab new shed.
    • The Cynical Gardener
Gardening Shows
« on: May 13, 2017, 12:56:19 »
Just wondered if anybody visits gardening shows..?

I went to Harrogate for the first time last year, but prefer Malvern Spring, which I visited the other day.

I also pay a short vist to GWLive as it's about 40 mins up the road from me, and I get tickets through Tescos Clubcard points.

I occasionally do Hampton Court & Chelsea with a local Coach Company when money allows.

But I really like plant fairs, and more local plant & seed swap events.

I'm finding the village show style events are becoming quite rare around here.

Any other 'show' visitors?
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: Gardening Shows
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 14:39:28 »
I tend to go to Harrogate Spring & Autumn shows plus  Tatton Park every year.

I haven't decided yet if I will go to the Chatsworth's first show this year but I will certainly be going to Tatton as I think this is one of the best shows around.

I usually take a lot of pictures at these shows as many A4A readers know, if you are interested to can see them here:

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Indexes/Gallery.htm

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 21:07:31 »
I used to go a lot, but then I worked at the shows building gardens. Now I might pop in to one if a friend  is showing or building, that is better for me as I can go on preview days when the show is still closed to the public. Usually ends up with me getting my hands dirty though.

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 21:18:58 »
I have over the years shown at very many shows including national shows but it is a thing that is dying out. I still grow daffodils (95 vars) and sweet peas but give most of the flowers away.

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 07:57:32 »
Chatsworth is  11 miles away but guessing what the traffic will be like and not like to be in huge crowds I will be on the allotment. The big shows are so commercial.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal