Author Topic: T & M postage  (Read 2605 times)

Plot22

• Half Acre
T & M postage
« on: December 31, 2017, 14:28:05 »
I have just tried ordering from T & M 3 packets of small seeds ( not heavy such as peas or beans ). I put in the 20% discount code a saving of £1.88 and then the cost came up £7.09p and the postage £6.90p. All the 3 packets would fit in a small envelope so WHERE did the £6.90 come from ? I hasten to add I have not ordered and will order at an alternative company who have reasonable postage rates. I have always ordered some seeds from T & M but because of their postage rates the amounts that I order have got less each year. In the past they have done a promotion at this time of the year with p & P free but they do not seem to go down that route any longer. Fair enough but todays rate for 3 packets of seeds is ridiculous.

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
Re: T & M postage
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 16:31:04 »
They say
Orders for packets of seed incur a delivery charge of £1.95

Where an order includes both packets of seeds and other products a minimum delivery charge of £6.90* will apply, regardless of the number of items ordered.

So if you only wanted to order seeds, I'd give them a ring.

Plot22

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 17:08:08 »
Thanks for that Plot18 I will ring them .

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 10:29:19 »
Hi Ya, I am wary of postage and compare with the local garden centres. I asked about the postal charge at T&M and they said it is standard charge, really? I only live 30 miles away it would be cheaper for me to collect but they won't do that. The same price delivery if you 300 miles away. So I go else where. I am surprised when a lot of mail order charge £5 for 1.5kg of seed potatoes then as you 5/6 quid delivery yet in the garden centre you can but the same spuds for £1.99. If I get it right our local centre does 10% off on certain days if you have an old fogies card so I but then as well. I suppose if you want specific special items then you may feel it's worth it. It seems now as allotmenteers and are in the in crowd there are sometrying to cash in. Can't blame them.  Still happy gardening

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 11:33:18 »
I don't drive, so as well as using the 1 garden centre I can get to by bus (which only offers the bog-standard varieties) I do often shop online.
If you keep an eye out you can buy seed potatoes when they have the usual offers of 'free p&p' or '£5 off your order today' which pays for the postage. That's how I get mine every year.
It's like any other shopping, you have to look around for the best deals for you, both for variety and price.

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 17:28:10 »
Just placed an order, value £27ish. Postage 0.00
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 18:42:06 »
So how come you did not pay postage.  Did you have a code?

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 06:47:49 »
No code. Just completed shopping basket, went to check-out put in card details and paid. Postage 0.00
I double checked before I pressed paid, and the e-mail confirmation confirms it.
I was happily surprised myself!!
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal