Author Topic: thompson & morgan  (Read 5640 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: thompson & morgan
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 10:24:23 »
I ordered 6 sweet potato rooted plants - not slips but proper routed plants.  They looked pretty dreadful when they arrived so I took pics.  Sure enough, three days later, 4 were dead so I sent the pics to T&M.  Got a notification but no one actually responded even when I emailed them again.
Phoned them up and they did give me an immediate refund as they are out of stock.  Also promised me a £10 voucher via email which has never turned up.
Not sure what to make of them any more but I think I will stick to smaller suppliers in future.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2017, 15:38:11 »
Avoid avoid avoid. Nothing good comes from T&M.
gone to pot :D

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2017, 16:30:04 »
since they have been took over they have been a nightmare  got a load of fuchsias 3 weeks ago after life altering surgery got 10 out of the 30 even now there not out of intensive care will not bother again
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

strawberry1

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 17:51:57 »
I had more plugs from brookside this week and give the company 10/10. They have a despatch date and they stick to it. The plants are very good and are already settled on the allotment. Hayloft is another good company, always good plants. I have just ordered strawberries from DT Brown, I think they will be in good condition

I don`t even look at T&M any more. They sell on qvc too and I was sucked into buying 42 begonias, they were poxy and I put a poor review up, which was rejected. I had great bulbs from qvc last year, de jager

strawberry1

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 07:52:59 »
16 days and no sign of my non=plant order from crocus. Yet another company that I will not use again. So frustrating and no e mail from them either

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 15:46:52 »
Well I complained about my complaint not getting answered and I did get my tenner voucher code.

Meanwhile I have some other sweet potatoes in from Marshalls so we will see how I go with them!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 17:41:56 »
Just picked my first berries from the "Just add Cream" variety ordered from T&M. Good plants, delivered on time and growing away happily.
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 00:21:15 »
Our allotment society uses the T&M deal (50% off seeds, 33% off other things, I think) which makes their products competitive. I also buy direct from them. Not any real complaints over several years, but it's a case of some things not working, whose fault is it?

I've bought a lot of seeds from Tamar Organics this year as they worked out as cheap as T&M at reduced prices, but I'm not sure the germination is as good so far.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 07:25:17 »
Our allotment society uses the T&M deal (50% off seeds, 33% off other things, I think) which makes their products competitive. I also buy direct from them. Not any real complaints over several years, but it's a case of some things not working, whose fault is it?

I've bought a lot of seeds from Tamar Organics this year as they worked out as cheap as T&M at reduced prices, but I'm not sure the germination is as good so far.
seeds i must say have been up to normal high standards quantity on some have reduced by afair bit however germination has been great
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 17:24:59 »
You are protected by the Consumer Rights Act 2015

There are some letter on Trading standard website.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/template-letters/letters/consumer-template-letters/letter-to-complain-about-faulty-goods/

Though I did finding it odd to describe plants as faulty.

I adjusted letter and emailed.  Did the trick for me with a different company.  Trading standards suggests sending letter recorded delivery but I did not want to sent good money after bad.

I used to love their seed catalogues. 

I have found their parsnip seed is a load of rubbish.   But everything else seems ok on the seed front.  They do have some good offers.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 17:39:55 by Digeroo »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal