Author Topic: exciting day today  (Read 2349 times)

ACE

• Hectare
exciting day today
« on: April 30, 2017, 08:37:37 »
Easily pleased ain't I. Today is the day to plant the poly tunnel. Toms, Peppers, Physalis and any other plants that need a bit of warmth to get them growing well. Just putting it up I was getting hot, now it has the doors on it should be tropical in there. I have a greenhouse bench going spare to hold a few seed trays for germination etc. Mainly I shall be planting straight into the ground which was manured last year so should be good for this season, also a load of slug traps will be put down to get rid of any of the slimey buggers hiding away waiting for a feast on the young leaves. The bit of ground was nice and damp underneath when I was digging it for setting the poles and plastic in the ground so that should draw out some vapour for the seedlings and then should be dryer when the toms start proper.

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
Re: exciting day today
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 09:49:42 »
But you are missing the Sweeps Festival in Rochester! How much fun is that?!!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 16:06:49 »
Yep. Missing a good do, but I did a tour of the New Forest breweries and cider farms yesterday performing to the crowds, so today is a day of rest at the allotment. Tomorrow I shall be up at sparrowfart to welcome in the May at sunrise, but would I fit in at the sweeps festival?

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 10:25:59 »
Just colour it green, and you can be at the front!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal