Author Topic: Barclays Bank  (Read 1807 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Barclays Bank
« on: April 29, 2017, 11:16:20 »
Fed up with Barclays Bank,Enfield, since they have got rid of the counter service.  I had no trouble with a paying-in book, but have to pay in cheque on machine.  Apparently according to the silly machine I write my 3's like an 8, so the cheque I wrote myself from OH for housekeeping and he signs (which I have been doing for years) gave me £800 instead of £300.  Good result. They said don't worry as lady in the office checks everything and I had written three hundred pounds only in words.  Well OH wasn't very pleased when it went out of his account. Got it sorted and it happened again, but I checked the receipt and got it cancelled straight away. I now put £299.99p. I went to bank to pay cheque in and it was OK apart from the fact I did it wrong once, put the cheque in the wrong way round, better go back to specsavers and machine recognised £299.99.  Wanted help to cancel a direct debit, as Dogs for the Blind got fined £15,000 so I am not going to pay their fine, wanted it go to the dogs. Also wanted a statement, which I used to be able to get, but they have changed the way the machine works. Lady helped me after long wait, but she broke/jammed the machine (not me) and it took my card.  Waited for man (who was very nice) to unlock the machine and he found 2 cards in there, only one was mine.  Then I had to wait about 10 minutes whilst he took my card away to make sure there was no reason they had taken it.  Then he had to reactivate it and I had sign that he had given it to me. Then we started again, told him not to go away as I needed help, everything was OK then. Bring back more people I say, it is difficult for me and old people don't want to do all this messing about. Still haven't received my Barclaycard I applied for (in case cat in animal hospital again), but got the pin number days ago.  Thought I had better ring up and they said I should have received it last week, well I didn't, so they have cancelled it and will send me another. Went to Morrisons and actually used the self check out, as the tills were so busy, I hate self check outs, but realised that I had got two croissants and machine only changed me for one, but I really don't care as it was not deliberate.  Well I am now a thief. I realise now that I am getting old and moaning, as the youngsters have no trouble with all this technical stuff. Rant over.

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
Re: Barclays Bank
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 13:31:34 »
I know exactly how you feel!

Technology is all well and good when it works, but it's a pain in the whosit to sort out when something goes wrong :(

I paid for my shopping in supermarket, machine said pin ok remove card, but the transaction didn't go to the til. The shop manager came over we tried again, still no good, so I withdrew cash at another machine to pay for shopping. I was assured that the 2 tlll payments wouldn't go through - but guess what?  It took 2 weeks and a 'nice chat' with the shop manager before it got put right  :BangHead:

I couldn't really afford to pay for the shopping 3 times, but at least the bank branch never charged a fee once they understood what had happened.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 14:30:39 »
I sign of the times I'm afraid I have taken to 'on-line' banking as it gives ME more control.

Have you read this article about the new £5 note

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/5-note-major-grammar-blunder-203000945.html

Then there is the new £1 coin they are riddled with manufacturing flaws.

The other day I received two in my change, and would you believe it ......one of them was flawed.

Can't get good staff these days!
:drunken_smilie:

I blame the over 65 year old's!  We bred the the people that are running such businesses,  :glasses9: then there are the  politicians!   :BangHead:

I rest my case!  :wave:

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 16:42:56 »
The banking system in Belgium is much more sophisticated than here in France where we are back to using cheques rather than direct electronic transfers.  If we do online purchasing we use our Belgian credit cards as the one time I used my French one it was not secured and some rogue transactions went through too.  Fixed with no problems but an unnecessary faff and a new card needed.  Except for markets and plant fairs I do all my shopping with a debit card and only pay workmen with cheques.

I never use the self scanning system or self checking in supermarkets.   Not my job.   A supermarket with only self scanning opened a few years ago near our Belgian home but has recently been closed.   Wonder why.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 16:44:55 by Obelixx »
Obxx - Vendée France

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 19:51:01 »
I blame the over 65 year old's!  We bred the the people that are running such businesses,  :BangHead:

TG 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 too funny!!
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 13:48:26 »
They have closed most of the banks round here.  I do most things online now.  What about your husband doing a standing order.   

Personally I like self scanning.  Fewer double swipes.  After all for the customer it weighs the result but not for the staff.   

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal