General > Pets Corner

Seren unwell

<< < (2/14) > >>

Silverleaf:
I hope they can sort her out soon!

Obelixx:
Fingers crossed here too.   Hope you get some good news tomorrow and some improvement soon.   

sparrow:
Likewise fingers crossed the vets find out what's wrong and can treat it. Hope you had some sleep.

Jayb:
Seren's temperature went up a little further yesterday while she was at the vets on a drip for fluids and antibiotics, so the vet wanted her to remain on a drip and be monitored through the night. My vets doesn't have an overnight service so I took Seren up to the emergency out of hours vets. It was lovely to spend a little time with her and reassuring to see she still had a slight wag to her tail.

She looked a bit brighter this morning when I collected her first thing and her temperature was down to just under 40C, which was great. But by the time I drove her to the vets (with windows open and cold air blowing, blimey I was cold!) it had gone up to 40.5. They said it was best for her to go back on intravenous and for them to do a, I think an ultrasound and then if they found nothing to take xrays. They sent off further blood and urinary samples yesterday, though they don't expect the results from these until friday or saturday.

Other than a fever and obviously feeling very unwell and lethargic, she isn't showing any other obvious symptoms, so they are just looking to cross off the most likely causes.

Poor little doggy, if you'd seen her face when she realised I brought her back to the vets or her eyes when I left her there this morning, so sad.

Jayb:

--- Quote from: sparrow on April 20, 2017, 09:10:17 ---Likewise fingers crossed the vets find out what's wrong and can treat it. Hope you had some sleep.

--- End quote ---
Not much but it was a help to know were monitoring her through the night and would phone if any change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version