Author Topic: London waiting lists..  (Read 4111 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
London waiting lists..
« on: May 02, 2017, 18:57:10 »
My wife hates my plot with a passion - the clay and the slopes make it hard work - so she applied for a plot of her own in Lewisham.  You have to pick the sites you fancy, max three so it is down to individual sites to have their lists. One little site, Blythe Hill, only has maybe 15 plots and there is 170 people on the list!  I think we'll be long dead by the time we get on there!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: London waiting lists..
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 19:23:54 »
here in clacton its the opposite although we are full our sister site in town 7.2 acres has some 20 plots free the other 4 council run sites have even more with an elderly population i would have thought they all would be full maybe its most of the housing stock has decent size gardens or maybe they are all playing golf or bowls not sure :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: 
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 22:09:56 »
Good luck with finding a new plot Nick, really daunting to hear list figures like those.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 05:34:59 »
We have a lot of empty plots.  Though some of them have been left in a terrible mess.   

I am not convinced and soil it perfect.  Whereever you are it is a lot of work.   

Our soil grew everything like crazy to start.  And no slugs the pigs had eaten them. But those who have not manured or added fertilizer have given up.

sparrow

• Acre
    • mudandgluts
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 14:23:54 »
Our site's full and the waiting list is 3-4 years. But the council-run sites in the borough often have no waiting lists at all. And they are 30% more expensive too.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal