Author Topic: Helping in the tunnel :)  (Read 2897 times)

Hector

• Hectare
Helping in the tunnel :)
« on: April 08, 2017, 07:09:55 »
We rescued a cat that had been dumped and had severely damaged leg/ caught in some eejits trap.

Its taken months to gain his trust but he is now my garden buddy.

Jackie

Hector

• Hectare
Re: Helping in the tunnel :)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 12:03:46 »
Ooops no photo before....his leg is now healed after him having to live in a small crate for a month/ restricted movement to see if they could avoid amputation. This  box it 2.5 feet long....big cat!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:05:35 by Hector »
Jackie

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 12:51:30 »
Rescue animals are the best. Glad it worked out for your 🐈

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 15:10:38 »
He looks very cosy.  Both our dogs and our kittens are rescues.  The difference is that Cosmos kitten has come from one good home to another after being born to a rescued cat who was pregnant when adopted so he behaves very differently from the other 3 who have all had trauma.  He's fearless as he doesn't know about danger whereas Minstrel kitten is brave because she assesses things and then jumps.  The dogs are just barking.

They all help in the garden.
Obxx - Vendée France

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 18:55:08 »
Lovely to see!

My adopted stray cat would send polite nose sniffs but he hates other cats... ;)

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 20:51:43 »
After 3 years Molly cat is at last used to me, and will sit on my lap, but if I have visitors or there's a strange noise outside she can be found hiding under my bed :D
She doesn't like feet at all and gives them a wide berth! it really makes me wonder what happened/ frightened her in the past. It took a year before I could stroke her and I'm still not allowed to pick her up - but we are slowly getting there.
She was found with 4 kittens living under a garden shed, and taken to a rescue centre - when I went there, she chose me, by head-butting my hand. I was told that she had been too frightened to come out of her box before I stood there quietly talking to her - they didn't think she could be rehomed. So we were both lucky that day!

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 20:31:24 »
Molly has found her " person" ;) Pleased for you both.
Jackie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal