Author Topic: What is wrong with Dulcie  (Read 8862 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: What is wrong with Dulcie
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 10:19:26 »
Dulcie or Dulce (whatever) did a good poo and wee on the vets table.  He was then taken away and as his bladder was full they emptied it for him. He can go out in the day which is good, and has more pills. Only cost me £19 as suppose this was included in the first bill, which I thought was good. He has to go back Thursday. He had a scan and couldn't find anything wrong, but did suggest an X-ray or an operation which is £1,500 which we will discuss on Thursday.  I wasn't very keen on this idea, but life is strange was in the newsagent over the road in Enfield, and the lady in the queue had cat litter and I was talking about my cat, like one does, and she asked what was wrong.  Told her and her cat had the same thing, which kept re-occuring and he was in the same vet hospital in Barnet.  She said after it happened 7 times he had the operation and he is fine now for over a year.  She also said she was on the TV programme the Chase (which hasn't been shown yet, so she must be clever) and nearly won £12,000 and if she had would pay for Dulce, but she didn't.  Nice lady and strange that I met her this morning. Well OH has just offered to pay for the cat that he said he didn't like, so a result. Dulce was very happy to go out and went next door to tell Helen what an awful time he had had.  I said as a joke just take him for a ride in the car in his carrier and he will wee and poo. Very impressed with the vet in Barnet. Feel better now as the vet will advise us more on Thursday.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 13:09:55 »
I haven't been able to get on line for a while so was sorry to read about Dulcie.  I hope he gets on all right and that he lives a long and happy pain free life after his operation. 

My thoughts are with you and your husband at this time as it is very worrying when a pet is ill and we know how much Dulcie is loved.  xx

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 18:08:46 »
Dulce is so happy to be home, vet tomorrow for check up.  He has been taking all his pills, thanks to the easy pill sachet the vet gave me.  He has learned to use the litter tray, and allowed out, but not at night, so hopefully tomorrow with his special diet we may not have to have the operation.  Well the vet knows best.  He decided to help by sleeping on the dust sheets in the lean to and I think he is just coming upstairs to see what I am typing about him.  No more pills tonight, and the throat spray has been done twice today, which relieves the pain. So happy days, and I can eat tonight.  OH loves him really, but still moans, haven't told him yet that he wet the new settee.

pumkinlover

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 08:15:07 »
Hope today goes well for you and Dulce

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 10:56:09 »
Just caught up with this, poor Dulce & poor you, it really is so hard when they are ill & can't tell you why.
Hope he is better soon
Love & hugs to you all xx

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 21:04:56 »
Dulce went to the vet today, he disgraced himself again by pooing and peeing in the carrier when we got to the vet, but the vet was lovely and washed out the carrier. He was so stressed. Anyway good news, he is on a special diet, and can finish the pills he has, but if he is OK doesn't have to go back.  If he gets blocked again he will have to be unblocked and have the operation if I agree to that. I didn't even have to pay today, or the other day apart from the special food, as it was all included in the price I paid earlier, which I was very pleased about.  Next time he blocks up told OH to drive him round in the car, and it would be cheaper than the vet (only joking obviously, as not a very pleasant condition, and after 3 days can be fatal and goes to the brain). Even got him bottled water as read on an American website that bottled water can help with this problem, and put tuna juice in the water to encourage them to drink. Well an early night tonight as I will sleep well, but will keep him at night, but he was very pleased to be able to go out in the day.  NO MORE ANIMALS, I am a nervous wreck.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2017, 13:48:32 »
That's great news. :) Keep peeing Dulce, you don't want an operation!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2017, 18:58:58 »
He's so happy to be home, had a good look round and has been in and out.  Managed to get his pills down him, after opening a tin of tuna, and saved a couple of prawns from OH's sea food, no good, but eventually he took them with his salmon food from the vets. Now he's having a good sleep on the settee, I am watching his pee, which is little and often and he does use the litter tray which is now in the back garden, but bring it in at night when he is locked in the kitchen.  He has started biting my feet again, when he wants attention, which is a good sign (I hope). Curry tonight for us, but not for you Dulce or Dulcie as the vet has written on your notes.  Can't believe he is 8, time flies. His previous owners said he was 8 as one of their children is now 8, which is probably why he left home originally, cant stand children.
Cant fault High Barnet animal hospital, apparently it is one of the best in the country. I will now shut up about my cat.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2017, 12:06:06 »
Dulce seems to be doing OK but I am still on pee alert. Happy days.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2017, 13:01:56 »
Just catching up on Dulcie, I'm glad he is still doing ok, you must be over the moon  :sunny:
Really hope he continues to improve, I bet he's loving all the attention and comfort of home.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2017, 20:32:01 »
He sounds a real character...great to hear his progress ;)
Jackie

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 23:14:32 »
Dulce if you are listening and you are on the computer with me, if you don't poo tomorrow have to go back to the vet, spoke to them on the phone and they are a bit worried about you.  You have special food and can pee, and I expect you will embarrass me again with a big poo and wee in the carrier in the car, and OH will not be happy, but best to get you checked.  Bl..dy cat is making me a nervous wreck and may have to cancel holiday next week.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 08:32:27 »
I think he is enjoying all the attention he's getting  :happy7:

Hope he performs and you don't need another visit to the vet  :wave:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2017, 10:25:52 »
Good luck with the poo, hope he is himself again soon xx

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2017, 12:01:39 »
Dulcie was very cross as I didn't feed him this morning and he had to stay in all night, kept head butting the cat flap, but just back from the vet.  He come up into the bedroom and knocked my tea all over the bedroom carpet. He did a massive poo at the vets, and they cleaned him up, vet inspected it, and told them to throw away the old towel.  So happy that he poo'd.  Anyway he has got a clean bill of health, bladder is empty but he has got a bit of hard poo still there, but have medicine to put on his food to make it softer.  Good news we can go away on Monday for 3 days, obviously have daughter to look after him.  Also may not have to have special food forever. He is having a lovely sleep on his beloved old dishwasher in a cupboard. Cost not too bad, £35 for the visit and obviously £20 for the special food, but he can also have a few treats but mainly the special food for now. Vet said not unusual for them to sleep in the cat litter tray as they do that whilst in animal hospital, but he has only done that once or twice.  Well can now relax and get sorted for short break.  Weighed him and he is still overweight, so will have to watch his diet.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 15:17:28 »
Yay, well done Dulce as well! Glad to hear he's doing well. :)

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2017, 21:15:10 »
So relieved abd pleased for you ;)
Jackie

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2017, 21:45:23 »
Well that is good news, well done both. You deserve your holiday  :sunny: