General > Pets Corner

What is wrong with Dulcie

<< < (3/10) > >>

Borlotti:
Got good treatment from the vet at Enfield at the vet at Barnet last night, no waiting and treated straight away.  Not the same can be said for the National Health Service recently.  Vet rang at 9 this morning, he is on a catheter and pain management.  Apparently this condition can progress very quickly so hopefully we got him to the vet in time.  She even asked what food he likes (fish), so he is in the best place.  Will be at least 3 days he has stay there. I didn't realise this condition is common in male cats, hopefully blood tests will be clear and he will be home soon.

Hector:
Very upsetting, I know what you mean re loving your cat. Hope you have good news soon. It sounds like they are caring and he is in a good place.

(If its any consolation we are stopping insuring ours and saving it instead, as find with older animals they just hike it up anyway and we pay a packet each month for years)

Silverleaf:
I've heard a lot of people put aside money each month instead of paying for insurance. I haven't insured my rabbits either because none of the policies cover dentals which are commonly needed with Netherland Dwarfs like mine.

I do however have both bunnies and my cat Pixel on a "vaccinations for life" scheme at £99 each which is a real bargain.

Hope Dulce is feeling better today and munching his fish!

Borlotti:
Dulce is home from the vets, as he wasn't eating and very stressed.  He seems OK now apart from the fact he can't go out for 7 days, and keeps head butting the cat flap and has to use a dirt tray which he thinks is for sleeping in.  He is having a short nap on the bed whilst I type. Loads of pills, which will be a problem to get down him and change of cat food when we go back in 7 days.

Hector:
So pleased you have him home :) Hoping he is felling more himself soon :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version