Author Topic: 2017 Progress Reports  (Read 15346 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: 2017 Progress Reports
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2017, 14:44:13 »
the pumpkin house is looking well how can i say a little on the full side
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2017, 13:44:24 »
 cut flowers are starting to come into their own

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2017, 15:29:28 »
cut flower bed is in full swing now

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2017, 14:37:02 »
Tomatoes are coming on well had a few ripen but not the bulk as yet, courgettes keep coming and have a litteral heap of them now in kitchen for grating and freezing. Shallots were a little small but are all dry now for storing.

3 spare beds in greenhouse are being prepared for winter salad, carrots etc

Been looking at coshes for the trugs and i am looking at £40 each if i buy something (not going to happen) so been looking at making something with PVE blue pipe but this would give me storage issues. So considering 2wests build your own connectors and metal poles which i can remove and store easier and will have the weight to not be blown off so easily.

AdrianH

• Not So New ...
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2017, 20:02:25 »
More than plenty of ripe tomatoes and cucumbers from the greenhouse and so far over 1/2kg of ripe chills of various varieties (and the really hot ones are just starting to colour). Potatoes in sacks have done well - plenty and a good size. Down at the allotment 90+ onions (bedfordshire champ, ailsa craig, zebrune and red savona) are currently drying. Garlic crop was good this year, with nice big bulbs. Beetroot has done fine, parsnips looking as though they'll be big. Cabbages and Kale all doing well as are brussels and swedes. Chard producing masses. Peas have done well, as did broad beans. Borlotti and Runners just starting to produce. Squashes have plenty of good sized fruit on (especially harlequin and black futsu). Sweetcorn looking like the best I've grown....

... Carrots....... Why is it I can grow all the above without any problems, but I just can't grow carrots. I've managed to grow 4 that were vaguely edible this year, which is to be fair probably 4 more than last year, but I just can't get them to grow!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal