Author Topic: Ponsetti still growing strong  (Read 1811 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Ponsetti still growing strong
« on: March 10, 2017, 19:40:17 »
I really have trouble with downloading pictures.  My camellia is lovely in the garden, was a present for my birthday years ago from M & S.  Thank you Alice.  The Xmas ponsetti is OK, never had one so long before, thank you Morrisons.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
Re: Ponsetti still growing strong
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 04:40:05 »
Wow your camellia is going for it how lovely!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 11:12:57 »
It cheers me up when I go outside, prefer the pink to the red, which I have at the allotment. Think I have had value from the ponsetti, only cost a £1.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 11:27:29 »
My poinsettia is still doing well and it is May.  Normally they don't last that long.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 14:34:22 »
I make sure the stupid things die, used to use the pot as an ashtray, but since giving up I snick the window open a bit on a cold day. With a bit of luck after 30 years you would have thought she would get the message and stop buying the ugly things.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 16:16:14 »
My poinsettia is still doing well and it is May.  Normally they don't last that long.

Agreed ! This is my one today

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 18:05:33 »
Mines got some new growth coming through!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

brownthumb2

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 19:15:52 »
 yea  mines still growing as well they usually die on me in the first week or so which the first one did So I went and bought one for the princely sum of £1.99 from L,,,ls and its still going  and called me a lier as I told a friend they all die on  me in the first month

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 21:14:18 »
When I worked in service I had a collection of different colour poinsettias and I grew from year to year . When the bracts had finished I would let the plant go dry then cut then down to about 3 inches. They do not bleed once dry, I would store them under the greenhouse benches until about July, give a good drink then pot on if needed and restart them. I did not give them dark treatment although all the books say you  must, I did quite a large arrangement of them at the bottom  of the staircase each Christmas.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 22:03:51 »
Well mine only cost £1 from Morrisons, and still going strong, and in a small pot and I haven't changed the soil.  Seems to like the light on the kitchen window ledge and the double glazed window. I like a poinsettia at Xmas, so there ACE, and I have learnt to spell it, even though I had to look it up.  I suppose ACE is so miserable cause he had to give up smoking, what it not to like about a poinsettia.  I also have a couple of orchids on the same window ledge, but they don't like too good, maybe I should stop watering them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal