Author Topic: Barnet allotment murder  (Read 1666 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Barnet allotment murder
« on: March 06, 2017, 23:30:04 »
Have been told my OH that I should take my mobile phone to the allotment and not be up there on my own.  I always felt safe on the allotment even if on my own, but I suppose terrible things happen anywhere.  She looked such a lovely lady, and Enfield is not far from Barnet.

lezelle

• Acre
Re: Barnet allotment murder
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 08:04:53 »
Hi Ya, How horrendous, Take care when you are on site. I have noticed on our site that there are more women taking on plots and they have said they feel uncomfortable when there on their own. Maybe carry an alarm with you as they can be purchased for a reasonable price now. It would be quicker to activate than a mobile phone god forbid you ever should need it. It is a sad times we live in. Take care

Nora42

• Acre
Re: Barnet allotment murder
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:39:45 »
it is very disturbing and the poor woman's family were interviewed on the news last night they are obviously in deep shock as you would expect. A suspect for this murder has been arrested and in due time we will I guess get to hear the unpleasant details.
it does trouble me that people would only warn women of the dangers of being alone on site,  we should all proceed with caution when alone on the plot but I think you're in more danger of falling and harming yourself than of being murdered.
Reading between the lines this was a premeditated attack on a lady by someone she was aware of.
but being in Barnet myself it does make you think.
Nora
Norf London

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal