Author Topic: Anything Else !!  (Read 1570 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Anything Else !!
« on: March 04, 2017, 20:39:02 »
Sorry just going to vent and rant (ish)

I had a great plan and had been planning it for ages - repaint the inside of the house and get someone else to do it.

Well the day came and he started :)

Then the shower leaked through the kitchen ceiling, i found a man to do the job and he came and after 2 weeks its finished. It was supposed to be a simple job pull the tiles that had failed off the wall and put them back. It ended up being a gutting job as they had only failed on some part of the tile and it took him an hour to get one off. This guy had aleady been booked to do another job which was to open the boxed in part over the stairs which left a great big box in bathroom and remove lid and replace with a hindged lid however to do this he has messed up the lovely painted wall.

Painter left ill friday and still has the outside of the house and 3 rooms downstairs but also needs to finish the paint work - when will it end. IF he can go back and repaint the bathroom and ensuite this month i would be happy but i know how busy he is so worry it will not get things finished.

In the mean time everything is everywhere in the house and i am trying not to panic about the mess and we have all got colds :( tomorrow is my first day without any trades in the house for over 2 weeks and will be spending it trying to put rooms back into order and spending some time in garage trying to tidy things away as we have dumped a load of stuff in there.

Storm Doris distroyed a fence panel in the garden and has weakened another near the greenhouse so i have a man who fixed my fence coming pack and cementing in a 4x4 my side of the fence to protect the greenhouse this week and i have gardener coming to paint this and the last of the trellis monday and varnish my planters.

I feel so close to getting lots of things finished and yet so far away. I want to have as many of these jobs finished in the next 2 weeks as possible before work kicks off again then will be flat out till end April.

Cam

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Anything Else !!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:45:39 »
Oh dera, sorry to hear about your woes! It's so frustrating when you think it'll be easier to get someone to do the work then it just makes more work for you! Hope it's all finished before too long!

Wizpod.

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 13:08:18 »
Reminds me of the Flanders and Swann song The Gasman Cometh.

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 21:50:33 »
Sometimes life seems an uphill struggle, doesn't it, sit down have a  :coffee2: and count your blessings.

Fingers crossed your problems get sorted within the next few weeks and you can start enjoying life again

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:29:04 »
Reminds me of the Flanders and Swann song The Gasman Cometh.

Yes, except that it is not funny at all to have it happen.  There is a saying that 'trouble always comes in threes', but you are getting more of it.  And the costs - can't be cheap either.  So unlucky.  Hope you can soon leave this stress behind you, Cam. 
 :wave:

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 15:24:00 »
Thanks All, New fence in and i asked them to brace another which was moving quite a bit (this was repaired last year) only to find when they went to look at it the other builder had only put it in the ground 6 inches ¬! so poor guy spent the day trying to dig out the old fence post (new one had been put on top of the old bit) and fix it.

Painter has 3 more full days work and maybe another day of mop up so by end of the 20th the house should be finished :)

New ensuite is really nice and a joy to use plus i now have storage :)

New storage in bathroom looks great and will be useful for storage of toilet rolls etc.

Feeling like i am getting there .. even got my seeds out today :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal