Author Topic: Dead mouse  (Read 3807 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Dead mouse
« on: February 25, 2017, 16:29:59 »
I was wondering why Dulce kept coming up into the bedroom and telling me to get up.  I was having a good read in bed, and he had plenty of food down. I think he was trying to tell me that he had a caught a mouse in the night and left it next to the kettle on the kitchen unit, so I would see it when I had my early morning cup of tea, which I didn't have, as did loads of screaming.  Much as I love you Dulce I didn't need that this morning.  I still feel sick, and me and OH had to disinfect all the units, oh well at least we had a good clean up.  He said he didn't do nothing, as was on the settee doing crossword puzzles. I blame Doris, the wind, as it always drives him mad. Well I have washed his bedding and the kitchen floor. 

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
Re: Dead mouse
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 23:04:57 »
Wait till you half a rabbit deposited on the kitchen side and then a day later another one that was so big it was only dragged half way through the cat flap.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 12:23:01 »
Charlie, one of the kittens came in the other day with a very dead (probably a day or so!!!) & very wet mouse, he was so proud of himself I couldn't bear to tell him I didn't want it.

brownthumb2

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 15:17:40 »
 I  can cope with most things mine bring in for presents   But its when they decide to play catch with their trophy`s and miss and the body of the mouse goes hurling over   the telly and gets forgotton until the time I notice a bad smell and need to  investigate   uck  I keep saying I must get a glass unit for the telly to stand on :BangHead:

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 10:35:58 »
I read once that cats teach their kittens to hunt by bringing them injured animals and then moving on to progressively more alive ones as their hunting skills improve.

So when your cat presents you with a dead mouse they are really saying "I've noticed you are terrible at hunting and need practice. Here is something that even YOU should be able to catch..." :D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 11:51:58 »
My two boys have brought rats into the house and one was alive and ran by the dishwasher and disappeared.  A few days later I spotted it sitting cleaning itself on the tv unit in the lounge. 

Whenever my two bring in prey, they miaow so loudly until we come and praise them.  We take the prey from them and then give them a treat.  We are not so pleased though when they bring in a bird. When they were kittens, the pair of them bought a partridge in through the cat flap. 

Fortunately, they leave their prey on the floor but then they haven't been encouraged to jump up on the working surface as I shout at them on the odd occasion that I have found them up there.

pumkinlover

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 13:16:34 »
So glad that I have rabbits :icon_albino: :icon_albino: :icon_albino: :icon_albino: :icon_albino: :icon_albino:

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 18:22:12 »
So glad that I have rabbits :icon_albino: :icon_albino: :icon_albino: :icon_albino: :icon_albino: :icon_albino:

Me too! My bunnies never bring me dead things. ;)

And my cat isn't allowed outside (he's scared of other cats and attacks them to make them home away) so he doesn't bring me presents either. He does a fine job of killing bits of string and crocheted catnip balls and miniature feather boas on sticks though!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal